Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Mobi Tweak For Great Balance
04-06-2013, 01:36 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 01:55 AM by John3:16.)
Mobi Tweak For Great Balance
It's generally agreed upon that Adorables is the best team at the highest levels of play, given the +1 wit on kill change.

Any suggested change I've seen would make them horribly nerfed (can't teleport a unit that has moved, etc.).

Would making it so that any united teleported took 1 damage (but not kill it, so reduces to a min of 1 health) be a small tweak that would balance? This would at least cause snipers to be slightly more dangerous to teleport around and would make the kill, teleport back with soldiers, etc. more costly.

Or is that too much of a change?

Alternatively, you could make any teleported unit unable to move the next turn.

Both logically make sense, I mean, if you were just swallowed and spit out by a whale, you would probably be dazed or somewhat hurt, no?

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2013, 02:16 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 02:19 AM by ImperialSun.)
RE: Mobi Tweak For Great Balance
I like your ideas! They're creative without being too outlandish.
I'm not too keen on the idea that you can't teleport a 1 hp unit though. Maybe the unit becomes dazed after you teleport it and will lose 1 health at the end of the turn so you could still attack with a sniper before it dies and even heal it to save it. I like the second idea better that the teleported unit becomes dazed and cannot move next turn. If that is too restrictive it could be that a dazed unit can only take one action next turn, attack or move. This would teven allow the adorables player to attack with the dazed unit after teleporting it with the mobi so it's not as restrictive as it may seem at first.
04-06-2013, 05:36 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 06:47 AM by Necrocat219.)
It's alright but with Adorables being only very slightly above other teams (overpowered is an exagerrated term) this would mean that every sniper and runner would cost +1 wit if you want to use them with the Mobi - in fact every unit will cost +1 wit if you think of it in terms of medic boosts. It also reduces the utility of it greatly and makes an extreme change to every unit teleported in the game exept the 5hp Heavy (every other unit can be sure to be one shotted by a sniper, snipers become really vulnerable and hit and run would be near pointless) There isn't really a change you can make that will balance them - all nerf, no matter how small, will put Adorables at a disadvantage to at least 1 other team - it's just not possible. Right now it's at least one of the friendlier and less boring teams to have as Tier 1

EDIT: Sorry I completely skimmed over the no moving after teleport for an extra turn, that sounds like summoning sickness in MTG in a sense; I like the sound of it! Another interesting thing I think would be can the unit be teleported by the Mobi or not? But it sounds like something that increases how much planning the adorable player has to make and reduces utility after the amazing utility offered from the Mobi is used which could be awesome Smile only thing is it doesn't affect hit and run whatsoever which would make it kinda like a seesaw - you're nerfing what isn't overpowered to be less useful and keeping the problem component active. But still,like the idea Smile

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
04-06-2013, 07:58 AM
But Mobi is all about Mobility.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
04-06-2013, 02:04 PM
I just don't think the Mobi is very unbalanced. I realize a lot of the top players play Adorables, but I think it's because they offer more diversity strategically where Scallywags pretty much have to follow the same strategy every time to win (turtle with BS then creep up when you have unit advantage). TBH I think Bombshell is more OP than Mobi ever thought of being, but that's a Pandora's jar I don't feel like popping the cap on in this thread.

the problem is not that the Mobi is too good, it's that the Scrambler and Bramble aren't good enough to play with the big boys. Even then there are a few good Feedback and Veggies players in the top 10, so I'd say the game is pretty balanced now even with a slightly UP Scrambler and Bramble

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome