Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.3 Average
New Teams/Character Ideas
04-05-2013, 05:05 AM
RE: New Teams/Character Ideas
Well, I wasn't sure if he should lose HP when spawning the globules. I knew I wanted them to heal him if they remerge, but I thought losing HP would be too much, since it would already cost you a wit to spawn a globule. It's an idea, though.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2013, 12:27 PM
(04-05-2013 05:05 AM)Erenan Wrote:  Well, I wasn't sure if he should lose HP when spawning the globules. I knew I wanted them to heal him if they remerge, but I thought losing HP would be too much, since it would already cost you a wit to spawn a globule. It's an idea, though.

It should just cost 1 HP and no wits. The globules are just runners so it's easy enough for your opponent to kill them, so it would make attempting to defend them a better idea. plus you'd be weakening Glob himself and making him a sitting duck, so you'd risk a counterattack.

This would be kind of OP, so maybe Glob shouldn't be able to be healed while crystallized as well.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
04-05-2013, 12:29 PM
So he can attack, shell, and spawn long range units?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
04-05-2013, 04:22 PM
As far as I can see it, he can only attack while unshelled - so yeah, attack, or shell and spawn Runner-equivalents for 1HP each, 0 wit cost.

Zakalwe42
Finally attained Gifted League we'll see how long that lasts.
04-06-2013, 02:36 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 02:37 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
There are a lot of details that would need to be worked out:

1. Can Glob attack while crystallized?
  2. Can globules move on the same turn they are spawned?
  3. Can globules attack on the same turn they are spawned?
  4. Can globules remerge with Glob while he is:
    1. crystallized?
    2. uncrystallized?
  5. Does it cost a wit to spawn a globule?
  6. Does it cost Glob a health point to spawn a globule?

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2013, 03:30 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 03:31 AM by KingOfThorns.)
(04-06-2013 02:36 AM)Erenan Wrote:  There are a lot of details that would need to be worked out:

1. Can Glob attack while crystallized? No way.
  2. Can globules move on the same turn they are spawned? See above
  3. Can globules attack on the same turn they are spawned? Yep, so he can use them for defence
  4. Can globules remerge with Glob while he is:
    1. crystallized? Yes
    2. uncrystallized? No
  5. Does it cost a wit to spawn a globule? No
  6. Does it cost Glob a health point to spawn a globule? Yep!

Zakalwe42
04-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Can his special ability be Spill? He can throw up radioactive guck in his space for a wit but each time, he gets smaller because he is made up of the toxic puke he's spilling out. After the 5th puke, he will turn into the puddle. The puddles are like traps. If a unit steps on it, it will get 1 damage at the end of its turn. Puddles will lose their radioactivity after 15 turns. If a unit manages to last 6 turns on a radioactive puddle, it will become a 1hp mutant and very unpredictable. It can randomly damage units from both sides but it will mostly move around randomly. It cant damage bases.

04-06-2013, 07:47 PM
(04-06-2013 09:32 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Can his special ability be Spill? He can throw up radioactive guck in his space for a wit but each time, he gets smaller because he is made up of the toxic puke he's spilling out. After the 5th puke, he will turn into the puddle. The puddles are like traps. If a unit steps on it, it will get 1 damage at the end of its turn. Puddles will lose their radioactivity after 15 turns. If a unit manages to last 6 turns on a radioactive puddle, it will become a 1hp mutant and very unpredictable. It can randomly damage units from both sides but it will mostly move around randomly. It cant damage bases.
In the space under him, or one next to him? I'm not sure that's worth spawning, I'm afraid, unless ofc the puddles are invisible! Like the mutant idea - maybe the globules from the original idea could do that, instead of killing the unit they attack.

Zakalwe42
04-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Under him. But i don't think he should have a puke limit anymore because 5 is to little.

04-07-2013, 12:34 AM
(04-06-2013 10:20 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Under him. But i don't think he should have a puke limit anymore because 5 is to little.
Very much agreed. He should be able to make as many as he wants, mostly so I could surround my base with them, point, and laugh manically Big Grin

Zakalwe42