Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tilt to Live 2: Redonkulous General Discussion
09-29-2013, 09:52 AM
RE: Tilt to Live 2: Redonkulous Alpha/Beta Discussion
(09-29-2013 06:41 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Just out of curiosity, did the beta phase started? Smile

the big remaining 'todo' items to finally be feature complete and in 'beta' is music,sound FX, and ipad support. Should have all that up and running within the next week or two.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2013, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2013 12:00 AM by DaBeast666.)
In your next build, can you add the icon from your most recent blog post? I think I prefer it but I want to see what it'll actually look like. Also, the achievments (at the end of a game) on the iPhone 4s don't always appear, sometimes it's just blank. My highscores get reset everyday. And I don't know if it's because of my email suggestion but thank you for adding the stats tab.
10-01-2013, 04:32 PM
(09-29-2013 10:15 AM)DaBeast666 Wrote:  In your next build, can you add the icon from your most recent blog post? I think I prefer it but I want to see what it'll actually look like. Also, the achievments (at the end of a game) on the iPhone 4s don't always appear, sometimes it's just blank. My highscores get reset everyday. And I don't know if it's because of my email suggestion but thank you for adding the stats tab.

thanks for the heads up! Will be looking into those issues. We actually had the icon in the most recent blog post for a while in beta builds, just recently switched to the new one.

As for the highscores, ya they get reset for everyone everyday. Still trying to get the sandbox issues resolves.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
10-02-2013, 12:56 AM
Background (for non-beta testers)
Currently in the beta there is a leveling system. You start with Level 1 and can reach Level 12 by accomplishing 33 different goals (called "awards") in groups of 3. When you accomplish all 3 of a given set, you increase in level. The order and groupings of these awards is fixed.
I'll explain tricks in a later post.

Issue
I just completed the "do 30 tricks in one game" award to reach Level 8 which resulted in a score of 7,885,133 ( https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7925...G_2151.PNG ) this took about an hour of attempts. Now in the group of awards for the next level, there is one which requires 250,000 points in one game. To me this looks like the wrong order to establish a smooth difficulty curve but it might be that I made the 30-tricks-award harder than it needed to be by chaining and killing Dots left and right the whole time.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2013, 01:22 AM
I was listening to a podcast today and tried muting the game but it didn't work kept resetting.
10-02-2013, 04:47 AM
Adding to my last message: 2 levels later one is required to do 50 tricks in a single game. My jaw hit the floor. This is quite a difficulty ramp up.

Did any beta tester reach level 12 yet?

Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
10-02-2013, 04:48 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2013 04:48 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
I am pretty bad at this game so far, so I didn't see any issue as for the hardest awards since I didn't even pass level 1. Tongue So, so far I didn't see any problem, keep making the other game modes!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
10-02-2013, 09:39 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2013 09:54 AM by DaBeast666.)
30 tricks in one game is extremely hard, you guys should modify stuff a bit.

New bug found, I was using the satellite weapon in code red before unlocking it, maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have it unlocked (I think) in classic.
10-02-2013, 01:46 PM
(10-02-2013 04:47 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  Adding to my last message: 2 levels later one is required to do 50 tricks in a single game. My jaw hit the floor. This is quite a difficulty ramp up.

Did any beta tester reach level 12 yet?

are you referring to classic or code red?

hmm. We'll definitely swap things around to smooth out the difficulty curve.

We are chiefly concerned with the first 4 Levels in classic (where new weapons are unlocked) to make sure those are fairly smooth sailing for TTL vets and a decent challenge for new comers. Beyond that, we tend to ramp up the difficulty, with Level 12 being a pretty hard (even for us).

That said we certainly are aiming for 'increasingly difficult' so if you guys are feeling some later levels turn out easier than previous ones please let us know

10-02-2013, 05:36 PM
(10-02-2013 01:46 PM)onealexleft Wrote:  That said we certainly are aiming for 'increasingly difficult' so if you guys are feeling some later levels turn out easier than previous ones please let us know

I wanted to ask you to post a list of levels and corresponding awards but then I thought that I could do that for you - at least up to the Level I currently am. Would you like the awards/level titles to remain a surprise for non-beta testers i. e. should I post that in the beta forums?