Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Heavies to 4 Damage
04-21-2014, 07:13 AM
RE: Heavies to 4 Damage
I tend to agree with the Heavies as a second special idea. Instead of making them do more damage, or reducing their cost, make them do more for their investment. Although I'd be more willing to support heavies having a passive ability rather than an activated one. Something like:

Shark: All units next to it (including enemies) have attack range of +1 and damage penalty of -1 (this would effectively negate BS splash damage). Soldiers attacking for 1 from 2 spaces away would maybe be OP but it could be ammended to just ranged units.

Tree: All units next to it (including enemies and thorns) have damage reduction 1. This does not raise the unit's HP, just subtracts 1 from all damage dealt to the unit.

Robot: I made an exception for this guy based on his attack animation. Instead of a passive ability, he has an activated attack that deals 1 damage to all adjacent units (including allies) instead of 3 damage to a single unit.

Fat Bear: Non-attacking units (including enemies) next to him can attack for 1 damage.

idk, some of these sound OP, but the Heavy does seem to be a very underused part of the game and I'd love to see it made more relevant, even if it's just a little

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2014, 08:21 AM
passives are a good idea. i think those need to be tweaked but i would like that. and if heavies got really good, then make them cost 5. the problem is for there current wits they are very unefficient
04-24-2014, 02:10 PM
(04-21-2014 08:21 AM)boyxoneder Wrote:  passives are a good idea. i think those need to be tweaked but i would like that. and if heavies got really good, then make them cost 5. the problem is for there current wits they are very unefficient

They are inefficient if you are intending to attack cross-map with them. they are the only unit that can provide a 5 hp block, which can be useful sometimes in defending. While at the same time providing a 3 damage attack.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
04-24-2014, 09:51 PM
Making the Heavy too powerful will do like the bramble with 3hp and attacking power. Everyone is going to use them and everyone is going to hate them at the same time.

I feel like the heavy adds option to the game for reasons mentioned by other users. And nobody says that the heavy NEEDS to be used. Just like any other unit/special.

GC: TheGreatAnt
04-24-2014, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2014 09:57 PM by HuskyPete.)
I still stand by the heavy (and everything about the game) is perfect. I love the heavy. I rarely spawn it, but when I do or when I use the pre existing one, it can be the reason for a win or a loss.

Plus boosted heavies are poison to those OP brambles! Tongue

.memories. Just spawned about 30 of them in a friendly we are playing! Lol

[Image: sig.png]
04-27-2014, 02:27 AM
I agree with heavies now I like them Smile
04-30-2014, 02:08 AM
I like the heavy as is. Since it's not wit efficient you can really surprise your opponent by having one hiding in the FOW. Changing the heavy would alter the entire landscape of the game.

[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:Mobi killed the Scallywag star,
He hit him on the base with his sniper from afar,
He tried to block the alley, but didn't get far,
That's how the Mobi killed the Scallywag star

Best Feedback rank (TGH) 3rd
Best Adorables rank (-DF-) 12th
Best Scallywags rank (-TAM-) 25th
04-30-2014, 10:53 AM
maybe if he had a knockback ability. he knocks the opponent back if you want, and if somewhere is where he would be knocked back he takes one more damage. idk just ideas, im fine with the heavy as is but that might be interesting
05-03-2014, 08:11 AM
Everything that I've heard suggested would make heavies spawned more often, but only because you would make them OP. They are spawned now but not as often but when they are they can change the match. Which is how it should be.

[Image: sig.png]
05-04-2014, 03:29 PM
(05-03-2014 08:11 AM)jchris98 Wrote:  Everything that I've heard suggested would make heavies spawned more often, but only because you would make them OP. They are spawned now but not as often but when they are they can change the match. Which is how it should be.
I agree.

Soldiers in Outwitters are the center of the game. Soldiers are probably the most influential unit in the game due to the amount they are spawned and used. (Yes, that is up to debate because of specials, but I am leaving those out right now.)
Then you have polar opposites: the runner and the heavy. The runner, high mobility, low attack, good vision. The Heavy, low mobility, high attack, low vision. These units are most effective when accompanied by the soldier.

The idea of the heavy is to not be able to take every thing out, it is simply to compliment the soldier's actions and movements to provide defense and close range.

This change would take away the importance of the soldier and would simply complicate the games as boosted heavies would primarily then control the game board instead of soldiers.

In addition, 4hp soldier is the only true defense against the heavy. (That and being able to move/see one more space.) Taking away that defense will render the soldier useless.

GC: TheGreatAnt