Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Heavies to 4 Damage
09-21-2013, 08:44 AM
RE: Heavies to 4 Damage
It's always been like this... I mean, think how OP it would be if enemy had one health and you mobi'ed a runner across the map AND it could move..

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2013, 12:38 PM
personally I'd love to see this update. I think 4 damage heavies would cause them to be spawned more often and I like the idea of upsetting the buffed soldier spam strategy with them. I seriously doubt it would be game breaking.

Besides, Heavies cost twice as much as a soldier and don't have twice as much HP, or movement, so why not make them do twice as much damage? Makes sense to me.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
09-21-2013, 04:40 PM
(09-21-2013 08:23 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  WHAT. Was this always like this...or...?

... Maybe you should play the game before talking about its balance? Wink

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
09-22-2013, 04:39 AM
I don't think heavy needs to change. It is true that it isn't spawned much because it usually isn't the best option for the situation. But, there are still cases where it is perfect:
* when a 5hp unit in the right hex give a great defensive line
* 3hp soldiers attacking close to your spawn
* as an attacking shield for a mobi - reaper and skull duggery at least
* when you don't have a medic handy and you need a 4hp unit

Heavy is primarily a defensive unit. I don't see what's wrong with that.

Attack of 4 for heavy would be a significant change for the game, it seems like a big risk, and I don't see the big benefit. There would definitely be a juggling of the relative value of units (heavy higher and 4hp soldiers lower). Would this change add an strategic depth or more generally improve gameplay? I doubt it. Excluding veggies, the last significant change like this was wit-for-kill which was beneficial, I think: adding fuel to the battle fire which helps a winner to come out on top more quickly.

Speaking of wit-for-kill makes me think that a wit-for-base-attack would also be beneficial to the game. Right now there is little benefit for an early base attack because it is expensive and you are thowing units away. This change would give more incentive for attacking the base early because the cost would be lower. It would help shorten games and reduce stalemate-like situations. This risk is that it might create certain rushes that become next to impossible to defend.
09-22-2013, 04:39 AM
I don't think heavy needs to change. It is true that it isn't spawned much because it usually isn't the best option for the situation. But, there are still cases where it is perfect:
* when a 5hp unit in the right hex give a great defensive line
* 3hp soldiers attacking close to your spawn
* as an attacking shield for a mobi - reaper and skull duggery at least
* when you don't have a medic handy and you need a 4hp unit

Heavy is primarily a defensive unit. I don't see what's wrong with that.

Attack of 4 for heavy would be a significant change for the game, it seems like a big risk, and I don't see the big benefit. There would definitely be a juggling of the relative value of units (heavy higher and 4hp soldiers lower). Would this change add an strategic depth or more generally improve gameplay? I doubt it. Excluding veggies, the last significant change like this was wit-for-kill which was beneficial, I think: adding fuel to the battle fire which helps a winner to come out on top more quickly.

Speaking of wit-for-kill makes me think that a wit-for-base-attack would also be beneficial to the game. Right now there is little benefit for an early base attack because it is expensive and you are thowing units away. This change would give more incentive for attacking the base early because the cost would be lower. It would help shorten games and reduce stalemate-like situations. This risk is that it might create certain rushes that become next to impossible to defend.
09-23-2013, 11:52 AM
He would still be a defensive unit regardless of his attack. I believe this unit being stronger would bring the Heavy unit more into the rotation of the game. It wouldn't break the Heavy, just make him worth his cost. Also this buff may help Feedback, because scrambling a heavy could happen more often, and veggies, because heavies and veggies would potentially work very well. It would make the 4 hp BS and 4 hp soldier that are very very good for their wits slightly more balanced. It is worth a couple test games to look into
09-23-2013, 02:22 PM
(09-23-2013 11:52 AM)boyxoneder Wrote:  He would still be a defensive unit regardless of his attack. I believe this unit being stronger would bring the Heavy unit more into the rotation of the game. It wouldn't break the Heavy, just make him worth his cost. Also this buff may help Feedback, because scrambling a heavy could happen more often, and veggies, because heavies and veggies would potentially work very well. It would make the 4 hp BS and 4 hp soldier that are very very good for their wits slightly more balanced. It is worth a couple test games to look into

Are you saying scramblers shouldn't go for heavies with 3 attack? And how will 4 attack heavies work well with veggies? Please further explain, I am stupid.

Game center ID: FurrySox

Gifted League 1v1
Master League 2v2 w/ Syvan

Feel free to invite me to a friendly 2v2 vs me and Syvan, or me as your ally!
09-23-2013, 04:46 PM
(09-23-2013 02:22 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Please further explain, I am stupid.

Gosh, if you are stupid, and I just lost to you, that makes me a dimwit.
Sad
09-23-2013, 05:42 PM
(09-23-2013 04:46 PM)Spillblood Wrote:  
(09-23-2013 02:22 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Please further explain, I am stupid.

Gosh, if you are stupid, and I just lost to you, that makes me a dimwit.
Sad

You just lose? In a game? What's your GC ID?

Game center ID: FurrySox

Gifted League 1v1
Master League 2v2 w/ Syvan

Feel free to invite me to a friendly 2v2 vs me and Syvan, or me as your ally!
09-23-2013, 06:44 PM
(09-23-2013 02:22 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  
(09-23-2013 11:52 AM)boyxoneder Wrote:  He would still be a defensive unit regardless of his attack. I believe this unit being stronger would bring the Heavy unit more into the rotation of the game. It wouldn't break the Heavy, just make him worth his cost. Also this buff may help Feedback, because scrambling a heavy could happen more often, and veggies, because heavies and veggies would potentially work very well. It would make the 4 hp BS and 4 hp soldier that are very very good for their wits slightly more balanced. It is worth a couple test games to look into

Are you saying scramblers shouldn't go for heavies with 3 attack? And how will 4 attack heavies work well with veggies? Please further explain, I am stupid.

It would counter soldier spam that accompanies defences against Veggienauts.