Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Need a Ride to School?"
07-11-2012, 05:36 AM
"Need a Ride to School?"
I just noticed that this is the message displayed beneath the Master League banner.

I think its borderline creepy and, even if its not, its ineffective in conveying a sense of accomplishment.

I dont have a suggestion I am overly fond of yet, but just about anything would be better.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 06:01 AM
RE: "Need a Ride to School?"
I think it's apt.
07-11-2012, 06:13 AM
Maybe you should Think of one then. Big Grin
07-11-2012, 06:17 AM
we get it, you're in master's league... Smile
07-11-2012, 06:36 AM
Did you have a bad experience involving a ride to school, Art? Do you want to talk about it?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2012, 06:42 AM
I'm no native english speaker, but the way I understand this 'motto' if you want to call it so is that Master League players offer other players a ride to school in the sense that they completely humiliate them with superior strategy and thus 'teaching' their opponent something or at least making them feel like they belong in Outwitters-school to improve their skills.

Sorry that this was one sentence, my supply of '.'s is running low.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2012, 06:49 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 06:53 AM by ArtNJ.)
(07-11-2012 06:36 AM)oneadamleft Wrote:  Did you have a bad experience involving a ride to school, Art? Do you want to talk about it?

LOL, ok, ok, no one else thinks its weird. I guess no one else has young kids, and has had to teach them that its bad when a stranger offers you a ride to school. That is what comes to mind when I read that. I get that it seems like its just me, and thats fine. Overruled. If there were more that felt the way I do about it, I would suggest something congratulatory, but maybe also with a touch of humor to show that there is a way to go. Something like "The Best of the Best. Almost"
(07-11-2012 06:42 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  I'm no native english speaker, but the way I understand this 'motto' if you want to call it so is that Master League players offer other players a ride to school in the sense that they completely humiliate them with superior strategy and thus 'teaching' their opponent something or at least making them feel like they belong in Outwitters-school to improve their skills.

Sorry that this was one sentence, my supply of '.'s is running low.

Crime is a lot better in most of the US than it was 35 years ago when I was growing up. But even in a nice town like mine, many still dont let young kids walk to school because of fear of perverts, and if you do let them walk to school, you make sure to teach them to say no if offered a ride.
07-11-2012, 07:01 AM
(07-11-2012 06:36 AM)oneadamleft Wrote:  Did you have a bad experience involving a ride to school, Art? Do you want to talk about it?

Repped.
07-11-2012, 07:52 AM
I dont have a problem with the current one, but I do love "best of the best, almost "
07-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Speaking of that, what are the mottos for the other leagues?