Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot.
09-27-2013, 06:35 AM
RE: 2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot.
(09-26-2013 11:45 PM)Random Task Wrote:  it is always a question where you draw the line... in terms of fair competition for top list ranks i would say the decision whether a game should count as a game with random partners or arranged teams should be fixed before the game is started and not after you know whether you will win or loose in a fair competition for a 2v2 random rank. You found a way around the original design (where you select a partner or choose random before the game starts) and I therefore join Spillblood in expressing an opinion that your "optimisation strategy" is not fair play but rather an exploit of a loophole in the game design.

I know what you're saying and I don't think I can convince you otherwise but here goes anyhow.

Until I see or hear of evidence of players using the system unscrupulously, and this obviously only applies to players in the top 150, I remain in the corner of "useful tool" (when used with a partner who is about to time out) as opposed to "optimisation strategy" (used by some sad little gamer who wants to be top). I believe players who have fought long and hard to be in the lists would be far too proud to debase themselves by using the system just to avoid a loss where they had been outplayed or played badly. Maybe I have too great a faith in humanity Smile Basically it's not the device that's unfair, it's the user.

And again, to explain why top players wouldn't use the system. As Juslas has stated, top R2v2 players are being consistently partnered with R2v2 Supertitans (Of which there are only about 16 active ones). The law of diminishing returns would kick in with every "invite" used in order to avoid a defeat. You would randomly get matched up with someone who you were now in an arranged pair set up with, therefore no points for your random record. 2v2 games take long enough as it is so I don't believe this is a burden any top player would carry lightly.

As for system exploits it would be preferable for a fix like Imperial Sun suggested (see above) or something along the lines of a "Career Reset" option if you suffered multiple time outs in your placement games, like I did, condemning you to Fluffy . The only other exploit I can think of in the game, and one that apparently is abused, is "queue stacking". It would be nice to see this fixed also.

Everything Changes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot. - phineas94 - 09-27-2013 06:35 AM