Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot.
09-02-2013, 04:25 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2013 04:35 AM by TheQwertiest.)
RE: 2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot.
(09-02-2013 12:16 AM)amoffett Wrote:  I have to agree with Random on this one, I always find the random matchmaking funny. I guess if you were taking your 2v2 random play really seriously you might not think so, but I enjoy not knowing who I'm playing with.

I find that I beat arranged teams as often as I lose to them. It's too easy to say "ah, they're an arranged team, that's why I lost, no fair", and then when you beat an arranged team say "I'm awesome!" If you played better and made better decisions in the game you lost, you probably could've won that one too.

I take my 2v2 random games as seriously as I take my 1v1 and 2v2 games.
Regarding the bolded statement, would you say its fair to be paired with poweewee, Alvendor, LER4T on 1v1 when you are in gifted?
All your statements can also be applied here. (one was changed to adapt to my example but its pretty much the same thing)
It's too easy to say "ah, they're from the top 3, that's why I lost, no fair" and when you beat them you can also say "I'm awesome!".
"If you played better and made better decisions in the game you lost, you probably could've won that one too"

Yeah it's true that you could take it as a challenge. It's true that you could win but it's also true that the match up is not fair

(09-02-2013 01:52 AM)Random Task Wrote:  At first I also wondered when I realised that 2v2 random pairs can be paired against arranged teams... I guess this is the case to increase the number of potential opponents to help to quickly match opponents. I see it as an additional challenge when i am paired against an arranged team with a random partner.

You are looking at it at the positive side but the question is is it fair?
Lets say we play a game and I use the wit hack to get an extra 10 wits per turn.
Yeah you could see it as an additional challenge but it is clearly unfair

so back to 2v2 random
-so you get a person who you dont know as a partner and your opponent gets a partner who is familiar with his/her playstyle.
-you and your partner can't coordinate the teams you pick while your opponent can talk about it before the game even starts.
well its clear that my example was exaggerated but its only to emphasize my point.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot. - TheQwertiest - 09-02-2013 04:25 AM