Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Web interface for rankings, replays, etc. ever planned?
07-11-2012, 04:10 AM
Web interface for rankings, replays, etc. ever planned?
Anyone think there will be a way of looking at various leagues or watching replays in the browser (like on a PC or Mac)?

I wish we could browse other leagues/divisions, but realize the sheer number of them (X many users divided by 100 ) makes this cumbersome.

I wonder if Dorset p,ayers will be removed at some point in time?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 07:31 AM
RE: Web interface for rankings, replays, etc. ever planned?
I like the idea of having everygame played archived online. That we, players can watch better players to learn.
07-11-2012, 07:38 AM
I would like to just see where my division falls in my league to know how I am doing.
07-11-2012, 07:57 AM
(07-11-2012 07:38 AM)Josh.L Wrote:  I would like to just see where my division falls in my league to know how I am doing.

Divisions are not meant to segregate skill levels any further than leagues do. They are primarily a way to give your ranking a meaning. Instead of being player #28,543 of 51,579, you are #33 of (at most) 100.
Due to player placement, there may well be a difference in skill between divisions, but since your matchmaking isn't restricted to any division, that doesn't matter at all.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2012, 08:06 AM
(07-11-2012 07:57 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  Divisions are not meant to segregate skill levels any further than leagues do. They are primarily a way to give your ranking a meaning.

So how Starcrafty is the current league system? Is there a hidden bonus pool for example?

I have been using the Starcraft system to think about leagues. The score we see on the ladder is most likely based on activity, while MMR, our skill rank, is hidden and is used to segregate us into the appropriate league. Do we also know what the intended distribution between the various leagues are?
07-11-2012, 09:31 AM
(07-11-2012 07:57 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  
(07-11-2012 07:38 AM)Josh.L Wrote:  I would like to just see where my division falls in my league to know how I am doing.

Divisions are not meant to segregate skill levels any further than leagues do. They are primarily a way to give your ranking a meaning. Instead of being player #28,543 of 51,579, you are #33 of (at most) 100.
Due to player placement, there may well be a difference in skill between divisions, but since your matchmaking isn't restricted to any division, that doesn't matter at all.
So being #33 in any of a certain league's divisions is approximately the same as far as overall rankings go?
07-11-2012, 06:48 PM
(07-11-2012 09:31 AM)Josh.L Wrote:  
(07-11-2012 07:57 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  

So being #33 in any of a certain league's divisions is approximately the same as far as overall rankings go?

I'm going to tell you a secret: points and therefore ranks are mostly there to keep you active. Your rank is not completely unrelated to skill, but rather an indicator of skill and activity.
Leagues are there to represent your skill.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2012, 08:53 PM
(07-11-2012 06:48 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  points and therefore ranks are mostly there to keep you active. Your rank is not completely unrelated to skill, but rather an indicator of skill and activity.
Leagues are there to represent your skill.

Never thought of it like that. That is pretty genius from a get-as-many-players-to-play-the-game-as-possible standpoint.

Soldier spam FTW
07-12-2012, 05:15 AM
I second having web based pc/mac replays. I don't want to pull out my phone every time I want to give feedback on a game.
07-12-2012, 07:59 AM
With Google Chrome, you can push the active tab's link to your device (you'll need the Chrome browser app).
There is probably no way to avoid that you must click the link on the page (I don't think you can send an outwitters:// link to your mobile device) but it speeds up everything.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]