Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekly Top 200 - 8/30/2013
09-01-2013, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2013 05:28 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
RE: Weekly Top 200 - 8/30/2013
A top 10 tourney would be awesome indeed. I wanted to make an epic series against you powee, I talked you about it, but a tournament would be better. Round robin and then semifinale bo5 -> finale in bo7 Tongue
The problem is that the bottom of the top 10 changes a lot, and some people in top 20 are inactive... Maybe let's make a top 20 tournament but all inactive players not invited?

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2013, 02:01 AM
If you do a top 20 Tourney, I'll sign up!

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
09-04-2013, 04:41 AM
(09-01-2013 01:08 PM)poweewee Wrote:  
(08-31-2013 08:02 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  I do agree that people not playing for a long time should have their rank decreased. I'm not sure alvendor or poweewee are really better than the rest of the top 10 now, and because this rest of the top 10 is fighting, no one can reach top 3 even though the level is the same.

I do play league games (not as much as before, but still around 3 games at a time) but the problem is that we are not often matched against any of the top 10 players.

On that note, I'd be happy to challenge all of the top 10 players, even as friendlies (or a tourney?).

I really disagree, Magic! poweewee and Alvendor are a class of their own. Perhaps LER4T has to be added but I know not too much about him. I played him once and lost in a close game but this was in Season 1 I think....they all reached their rating by winning long streaks against the rest of the TOP10. If you can reach them.....you can do so Tongue

In the finals of the World Cup poweewee won 4-1 against GG and GG is surely one of the best players in this game.

Coming to inactivity: Regarding league matches some of the top players seem to be inactive but they are participating in tournaments and tournaments are somewhat very time consuming. You can`t follow GG and poweewee in the finals where they are playing high class friendlies bo5 and claim them to be inactive regarding their current league matches.

WrapUp: We have all fun playing this great game and no one of us has fun out of being inactive so no one is intentionally inactive and proud of it.....agree? Super-Titan
09-04-2013, 04:55 AM
I actually feel like the opposite. I don't think I should be in the top 20 and feel like the game population has declined in overall skill level!

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
09-04-2013, 05:08 AM
Did I ever say powee wasn't good? No, I said I think alvendor and him are no longer better than the rest, because the "rest" has improved and now is to poweewee's level. He was ahead of his time and claimed this first spot because he has been better than everyone, and now I have doubts, which is legit considering my own results against him and then my results against other guys like sharugames or joelduque. I am simply saying my doubts, and as he knows I have always considered him the best player worldwide, but now I want to see him in action Big Grin

So powee and I will organize this tournament, seeing each top player fight each other will be awesome and will lead to epic battles! Expect to receive a PM soon guys Smile

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

09-04-2013, 05:10 AM
Make it top 20 =) I want in.

But make the tournament fast, before I drop out of the top 20!

09-04-2013, 05:13 AM
Yeah I will make it a top 20 tournament, and kinda more opened: some players like zero killer, burnodrod (I'm contacting him but it's been months we didn't talk..) or great gonzales (he timed out in a tournament match, but I'll still ask him) are likely not to participate. That's why if players from below (not TOO below) top 20 want to participate, they'll be able to ask me! Smile

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

09-04-2013, 05:31 AM
You might consider not personally asking as a filter for those who aren't very active. You don't want players coerced into a tournament only later to drop out. I think that's what happened in the last "Super-Duper Titan" tournament.
09-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Sign me up now that you told me about it in our league game Magic (entrance fee is you loosing our game of course Big Grin)
09-05-2013, 01:21 AM
That's great, lol, you dreaming. Big Grin

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)