Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking up
07-11-2012, 12:50 AM
Ranking up
Does anyone know how many league wins you need to have in each rank to move up to the next rank?If you do could you please tell me?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 01:01 AM
RE: Ranking up
To answer your question short and concise: there is no fixed amount of games you need to win in order to be promoted.

Now to more detail: when you say 'rank', my first idea is your division rank, which is determined by your points. Ranking up or down depends on the number of games you play, the opponents you face and of course the activity of others in your division.
What I suspect however, is that you're talking about leagues in which case my answer can only be vague. Your league placement and promotion or demotion is based on a hidden matchmaking rating, which is a relative representation of your skill. Over time, this rating rises or falls depending on how well you do. This rating in comparison with the ratings of all other ranked players is used to determine your league and eventual changes of leagues.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2012, 02:18 AM
If it works similar to SC2 then in short: you need to beat players around and under your league consistently and win sometimes against higher league players - of course everything is based on a rating, but since it's hidden that's not much of a help

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
07-11-2012, 02:28 AM
After being in master first then gifted after the reset I've won my last four matches from position 1 in gifted. My last opponent was first unranked then after he lost against me was promoted to master.
I'm not complaining, but it's a bit odd sometimes.