Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Broken system
07-10-2012, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 10:02 PM by Burnsyrocks.)
Broken system
RAHHH
okay beware, i'm going to rant

First of all i 5-0 my placement matches and then get put in masters. I hover around 150th and then they reset the leagues. Disrupting but-hey no big deal. Then after winning the extra placement match we are told to do, i am told i have to do ANOTHER five placement matches before i can start playing for real? Great.
But then the most fun thing happens, after winning all of these placement matches (so 11-0 for placement matches) I get demoted down to the gifted league?! Angry
how does that even work?!?

I mean i love the game and all, and i know the devs are under a heap of stress, but its getting frustrating... Has anyone else been demoted like this?

EDIT: I was demoted to gifted not clever
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2012, 09:52 PM
RE: Broken system
(07-10-2012 09:41 PM)Burnsyrocks Wrote:  I mean i love the game and all, and i know the devs are under a heap of stress, but its getting frustrating... Has anyone else been demoted like this?

Yes there have been demotions like yours. I haven't even finished my second run of 5 placement matches yet because more than half of my games saw their last activity over a day ago.

What I'd like to know from you is this: are you annoyed by your new league because:
a) you miss the prestige that comes with Master League?
b) you feel that being in Clever League is below your skill and you'll be stomping opponents left and right which isn't fun to you?
c) Clever League is just below Master League and you feel cheated?

I haven't had any hand in designing and developing the skill rating system used in Outwitters, but based on my knowledge of these classifier systems from my computer science study, I am hardly surprised by these things. The loss of data from the two recent resets is unfortunate, but one thing you have to keep in mind is this: the rating system is a set of rules and procedures - it has no gut feeling or intuition and it is overrun with tens of thousands of players with hardly any prior knowledge (there were beta testers, which were known to the system). And it's supposed to put these strangers into groups of similar skill.
That's an impossible task for any human to be frank - and it's still quite daunting for a computer.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2012, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 09:58 PM by whoTookYoste?!.)
That's weak. But you'll be able to beast your way thru the ranks no problem.
(07-10-2012 09:52 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  c) Clever League is just below Master League and you feel cheated?

Clever is actually below Gifted which is below Master...
07-10-2012, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 10:02 PM by Kamikaze28.)
(07-10-2012 09:56 PM)whoTookYoste?! Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 09:52 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  c) Clever League is just below Master League and you feel cheated?

Clever is actually below Gifted which is below Master...

My 'just' was related to the statement in general, not the order of leagues. I couldn't find a better formulation (I'm not a native english speaker). The whole sentence for c) should read like "Are you annoyed by your new league just because Clever is below Master and you feel cheated?".

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2012, 10:03 PM
(07-10-2012 10:01 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  My 'just' was related to the statement in general, not the order of leagues. I couldn't find a better formulation (I'm not a native english speaker). The whole sentence for c) should read like "Are you annoyed by your new league just because Clever is below Master and you feel cheated?".

Ah, my bad, gotchya.
07-10-2012, 10:08 PM
(07-10-2012 09:52 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 09:41 PM)Burnsyrocks Wrote:  I mean i love the game and all, and i know the devs are under a heap of stress, but its getting frustrating... Has anyone else been demoted like this?
What I'd like to know from you is this: are you annoyed by your new league because:
a) you miss the prestige that comes with Master League?
b) you feel that being in Clever League is below your skill and you'll be stomping opponents left and right which isn't fun to you?
c) Clever League is just below Master League and you feel cheated?

All of the above, haha especially A Tongue Also a large portion of the people who frequent the forums are in the master league, and you feel kind of left out when you hear about the people moving to super titan and other stuff second hand...
07-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Dude, chill down (provided you haven't already). I was in Super-Titan league after the single placement match, then the whole thing was reset and whilst other people got back to Master League through their five placements I got assigned to Gifted League after 5-0.

Played a few games, won them, got promoted. So just keep your game up. If you deserve it, you will get it. Smile

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Wow that sucks Harti. Okay shutting up now Tongue
07-11-2012, 10:19 AM
OML has already said they are working on the league issues as a priority anyway. So... what more could you ask from a game that's been out less than a week?