Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feel bad playing Sharkfood?
07-11-2012, 05:15 AM
RE: Feel bad playing Sharkfood?
(07-11-2012 05:14 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  Would be fun to see the replay. *Wink wink* =)

We'll provide a replay once we didn't both do mistakes all the way. Tongue

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 06:18 AM
Personally to me this map is very easy. If your going first, don't be aggresive with you soldier by going to the middle/next to the middle because they will pick it off with a scout and a soldier if they go second. Wait for them to be aggresive and build your army. Usually for me, the only unit move is the shark that goes on the wit space and I make a sniper with my soldier protecting it.
07-12-2012, 12:26 AM
I would be very grateful if a skilled player could post a replay of a win on this map moving second (against a skilled opponent). The times I've won going second all seem to be due to my opponent making a mistake, or some lucky break. I don't think I've lost going first yet.
07-12-2012, 01:43 AM
(07-12-2012 12:26 AM)wonderpug Wrote:  I would be very grateful if a skilled player could post a replay of a win on this map moving second (against a skilled opponent). The times I've won going second all seem to be due to my opponent making a mistake, or some lucky break. I don't think I've lost going first yet.

Is there anyway in retrieving games that are older than your last 5? I think I have one...

Anyhow here's one where I'm P1 but not aggressive. Makes for much more interesting but longer games. My opponent had 4 heavies at one point and I foolishly (again) try to make use of snipers. Feel free to spot the mistakes (I made a few).

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y6Is5DA
2 top 10 Masters league
07-12-2012, 01:52 AM
I think the wall is in a horrible spot on the map. It blocks the spawner and makes it difficult to get new units to protect the base in a single turn. I find it very hard to win as player two if my opponent attacks from the top section of the map.
07-12-2012, 01:56 AM
(07-12-2012 01:52 AM)AlphaRalphA Wrote:  I think the wall is in a horrible spot on the map. It blocks the spawner and makes it difficult to get new units to protect the base in a single turn. I find it very hard to win as player two if my opponent attacks from the top section of the map.

I agree. I think getting rid of the tree above the base might help. I just don't know if it will mess up other gameplay mechanics.
07-12-2012, 06:46 AM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y4L06DA

56 turn game in which p2 (me) wins on sharkfood. Of course if it goes that long the difference hardly matters. Enjoy!
07-12-2012, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012 10:42 AM by Sakiehl.)
P2 win - masters league

Here's an example of a sharkfood island defense. You just need to get some firepower up top to defend, and then you have a straight shot at p1's base.

P1 was aggressive and played it smartly. I don't think I would have done much differently if i were them. In my opinion, rushing the base right away isn't an automatic win and can backfire quickly. This game took 17 turns.
07-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Defence was the right way. On a long nine i was playing defencive until i realised i could win in 1 turn from there. My favourite maps are the scalliwags. Sharkfood island cause its small and can be short or vey long. But i love how long nine is split into two havles, with a runner and sniper fight on the top, with a heavy, runner and soldier fight on the bottom. It can be great when you get a sniper right in the middle with a healed soldier above it, that just wins the game. outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yhas7DA it definatly shows how quickly you can win from playing defensive, but when i was aggresive with my sniper i lost it all.

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
07-13-2012, 01:07 PM
(07-12-2012 10:37 AM)Sakiehl Wrote:  P2 win - masters league

Here's an example of a sharkfood island defense. You just need to get some firepower up top to defend, and then you have a straight shot at p1's base.

P1 was aggressive and played it smartly. I don't think I would have done much differently if i were them. In my opinion, rushing the base right away isn't an automatic win and can backfire quickly. This game took 17 turns.

Hmm, I do appreciate the replay but I don't know about some of the moves your opponent made. He threw away his healer, he spent Wits on a heavy and then moved him -away- from the fight, he threw his soldier deep into the fray without any Wits left to do any attacks (like your healer)...

Your playing looked sound, but I don't know how good an example this is of a competent 1st turn aggressor.