Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feel bad playing Sharkfood?
07-31-2012, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2012 04:59 PM by whoTookYoste?!.)
RE: Feel bad playing Sharkfood?
Sorry for disappearing after starting the thread.

There was a "few" turn rush that could easily be used by the 1st player against the second. I honestly doubt this would still work as most people are probably more prepared, and I haven't even bothered trying it in a while (or any rushes at that, too risky).

And when I started playing, this rush was being used against me and I did end up coming up with some simple 2nd player strategies to kill off the rush.

And at this point I've won plenty 2nd player matches on the map. Just building up a little army and practicing some patience is enough to secure a win being 2nd. Honestly, I don't even pay attention to when I'm first or second any more (and not because I'm that good, cause I'm not, but because it doesn't make too much of a difference that I notice any more).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2012, 05:28 PM
(07-13-2012 01:07 PM)wonderpug Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 10:37 AM)Sakiehl Wrote:  P2 win - masters league

Here's an example of a sharkfood island defense. You just need to get some firepower up top to defend, and then you have a straight shot at p1's base.

P1 was aggressive and played it smartly. I don't think I would have done much differently if i were them. In my opinion, rushing the base right away isn't an automatic win and can backfire quickly. This game took 17 turns.

Hmm, I do appreciate the replay but I don't know about some of the moves your opponent made. He threw away his healer, he spent Wits on a heavy and then moved him -away- from the fight, he threw his soldier deep into the fray without any Wits left to do any attacks (like your healer)...

Your playing looked sound, but I don't know how good an example this is of a competent 1st turn aggressor.
+1
I think P1 was drunk. That was just plain weird.
07-31-2012, 09:25 PM
Since I last posted in this thread, I've gotten much happier with Sharkfood. I think the start pigeonholes you into a very small set of first move options, but my matches on Sharkfood are now much longer, much more interesting, and much more viable as player 2.
08-02-2012, 06:34 AM
Here's a P2 win on Sharkfood, but it's more humorous than instructive.

I don't think P1 here made a single move in the rearward direction. I'm actually not sure if he makes any competent moves, period. Critiques of my defense and counter attack are welcome.
08-02-2012, 08:03 AM
In the Super-Titan Replay thread quite a few of those games have P2 winning on Sharkfood (at least 3 of them).
08-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Btw, just saw this replay in the ST replay thread; this is essentially the rush I meant when I started the thread.

SF Rush
08-03-2012, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2012 08:24 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
Hello! I'm new in this forum, but not in outwitters, and I'd like to post a replay of my last matchin sharkoof island, I won being P2. I'm only in clever league, so maybe my strategy won't interest you, but I won in 12 turns! Big Grin

My P2 win:outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y-ZxuDA

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
08-03-2012, 08:29 PM
(08-03-2012 08:20 PM)W1cked21 Wrote:  Hello! I'm new in this forum, but not in outwitters, and I'd like to post a replay of my last matchin sharkoof island, I won being P2. I'm only in clever league, so maybe my strategy won't interest you, but I won in 12 turns! Big Grin

My P2 win:outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y-ZxuDA

Your strategy was sound but your opponent made some horrible decisions, including skipping his first turn which appeared to be for nothing...
08-03-2012, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2012 08:32 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
Indeed, I didn't notice he skipped his first round before posting the replay there o.O Well yeah, let's wait a decent adversary x)

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
08-04-2012, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 04:13 PM by whoTookYoste?!.)
Decided to try the rush Just to see if it would still work;

Replay, but didnt get to see it thru