Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feel bad playing Sharkfood?
07-10-2012, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 06:17 PM by whoTookYoste?!.)
Feel bad playing Sharkfood?
I hate going second on the map and I feel cruel when I go first >.<
But it can't be helped... can it?

Anyone have any 2nd player strategies to this map?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2012, 10:38 PM
RE: Feel bad playing Sharkfood?
First, whats your strategy when going first, because i usually wait until 3-5 turn before attacking, then about 2 turns to win
Except once it took about 18 turns, long for sharkfood to stay in he water, very close match.

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
07-11-2012, 12:04 AM
Please post a replay of a match against someone decent. I'd like to see the strategy!
07-11-2012, 01:29 AM
It hasn't struck me as extremely unbalanced, I actually think it's one of the more enjoyable maps. It is tense and close quarters and takes some creative defense and offense.

Can you post a match where p1 overwhelms and wins quickly? I am curious to see how it happens. I'll look back through my matches and see if there is anything interesting too.
07-11-2012, 01:51 AM
(07-11-2012 12:04 AM)MarkH Wrote:  Please post a replay of a match against someone decent. I'd like to see the strategy!

A match of player 2 winning? I have one against a 'good' player (Masters league), but he lost because he tried to start attacking from the first turn.
07-11-2012, 02:02 AM
My second player strat has always been to get as many strong units up to defend the base as quickly as possible. If player one rushes and you can squash it, their base is pretty wide open.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2012, 03:23 AM
I actually dont know what the OP is talking about, because in 80 games no one has played Sharkfood aggressive enough to create unsolvable problems. What is the strategy that is creating problems for you?

As P1 I employ a very SOLID strategy of occupying the middle of the board which definitely creates some problems for P2.

I get that there must be something better, but I dont know what it is, and I'm reasonably happy with my strategy which suffices for at least a modest but lasting edge.
07-11-2012, 04:13 AM
Also, if they are aggressive towards your base, chances are you can send a scout unnoticed to sit on their spawn space. This gives the other player something they have to turn back and deal with.
07-11-2012, 05:09 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 05:10 AM by ArtNJ.)
Just played a practice game with Harti for 12 turns on Sharkfood. I was able to defend, gaining a slightly superior unit deployment in exchange for 3 or 4 base damage depending on the option chosen in the position where we called it. Harti actually called it off, then I moved anyway, blundering horribly, but the final position (pre blunder) was definitely favorable to P1, just because there was an insufficient counter-attack for all that base damage. But not a forced win by any means. Harti already found some improvements, and I need to look for some as well.
07-11-2012, 05:14 AM
Would be fun to see the replay. *Wink wink* =)

Soldier spam FTW