Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enhancement Request: Mid-Turn Replays
07-16-2013, 01:46 AM
Enhancement Request: Mid-Turn Replays
I know this is unlikely to get implemented, with their limited schedules, but has anyone ever done a few moves and then left for awhile? I've done that, and especially with bombshells, sometimes I forget what my bombshell attack revealed!

I'd be nice if I could replay my own current turn, so I could see what I had already done =P

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2013, 01:54 AM
RE: Enhancement Request: Mid-Turn Replays
Seems like it would be reasonable balace wise(doesnt reveal anything etc.) but likely would be hard to implement, so i doubt it.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
07-16-2013, 01:56 AM
Same here. I often move the attacked unit when I come back and continue my turn.

iPro Clan
07-16-2013, 03:08 AM
I've often moved a runner and forgotten what it had shown after I mobi'ed it back, lost me a few games:/

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
07-16-2013, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2013 08:34 AM by Thrutchy.)
Here are a few cases where a mid-turn replay would be useful:
* bombshell attack. What did I hit in the splash and how much health did it have?
* moving a unit to increase vision and then teleporting it somewhere else and losing that vision
* scrambling a unit which gives more vision and then moving it back into safety
* growing some thorns which increases vision and then removing them
* spawning a unit which increases vision around the spawn and moving it
* killing a unit that blocks vision and then moving a unit away from that previous blockage

There are probably more, but that's what I could think of. It is interesting that each special has a way of achieving temporary vision.

I whole-heartly support an enhancement like this. I think the mid-turn replay should simply be included in the normal replay.
07-16-2013, 09:21 AM
There'd have to be a "update replay" button since the replays are apparently created in the servers, not in Outwitters

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
07-16-2013, 12:33 PM
There is no reason the client couldn't append the current turn replay to what was obtained from the server. I assume the client is animating the replay from the plays obtained from the server.
07-16-2013, 05:46 PM
After you do what you want to the game on your device, you submit that information to the servers. The servers then receives the information and updates the game on your opponents device, so the replay is updated and the board is updated.
It also explains why you can't start your turn on one device, and continue playing that turn on another, if it was allowed, then you could play your turn on one device, then at it differently on the other, and if those turns are submitted, the game would get messed up.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
07-16-2013, 11:06 PM
Yeah, since you have to do it on one device, that means the device definitely could store the current moves you've done in the current turn and append that to the replay info. Maybe this wouldn't be so hard to implement afterall.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
07-17-2013, 11:16 AM
all they'd need to do is make the game remember what you'd done so far that turn and give you a "step back" button. Almost like an undo, but it just shows what happened last move.

this way it'd store the stepbacks locally instead of having to fetch a partial replay from the server.

I'd also like to see a way to step through turns move by move within a replay. Perhaps both could be implemented at the same time, hypothetically?

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome