Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 days auto win
07-10-2012, 09:37 AM
7 days auto win
I was in this 2v2 where the last move done was 2 days ago so I decided to open it. Nothing happened, but when I went back to the games list below the thumbnail of the map it said "moments ago". Now do I have to wait 7 days all over again or is it just continued?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2012, 12:12 PM
RE: 7 days auto win
Yeah someone finally took their turn. It's not YOUR turn yet, so in theory if everyone waits until the last minute it can almost take 3 weeks for your turn to come around. Moral of the story? Don't play 2v2 unless the game limit goes way up. Unfortunately I've learned this the hard way, as I now have several 2v2s stuck after 4 days of no activity.
07-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Rep for pointing out the glaring problem with 2v2 games.
07-10-2012, 12:45 PM
The problem is not limited to 2v2s... It's only a matter of time before people realize that you can force wait multiple turns be waiting 6 days for your next turn the moment you realize your starting to lose...

The only way to fix this is to cut the time down on a force quit and give a slight boost in max number of games.

Ranked games should have a force out of no more then 3 days (which is still plenty of time) and unranked games should still be 7 days, but with the option to quit even of it isn't your turn.

Just my opinion anyways. Dont punish the players being harassed by the exploiters and limit the amount of exploiting that can happen or ranked matchs.
07-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Never mind...I have pretty much brought up that the wait time needs to be shorter.
07-10-2012, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 04:59 PM by Kamikaze28.)
Keep in mind that most 'stuck' games at the moment are caused by people who tested Outwitters and decided it was not for them. I checked my own 12 games with last activity 'more than a day ago' and guess what? All opponents had 0-2 wins and were unranked.
I highly doubt there is a large number of players who delay their turn with malice of forethought.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2012, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 07:51 PM by Lordoftheslugs.)
(07-10-2012 04:59 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  Keep in mind that most 'stuck' games at the moment are caused by people who tested Outwitters and decided it was not for them. I checked my own 12 games with last activity 'more than a day ago' and guess what? All opponents had 0-2 wins and were unranked.
I highly doubt there is a large number of players who delay their turn with malice of forethought.

It still seems like a long time considering the length of each game and the time it takes to take your turn. Usually games kan be completed in little under an hour if the turns go smoothly and seven days seem like a long time to potentially wait no matter what. Three days would be perfect in my opinion Smile

You risk people giving up cause they have to wait more or less 7 days to start a new game and actually get to play. If the roof os hit, that is Smile
07-10-2012, 10:28 PM
On the other hand with a short turn limit you risk that people stop playing because they find their games lost due to time out. I think the big mass of players are casuals with jobs, family, other interests etc. it's easy to get distracted by something different in life so you forget about this game for 2-3 days. Therefore, I'd strongly suggest not to limit turn time to much. Personally I'd set it to five days but no less.
You all need to keep in mind that
a) the game is very new, so a lot of people obviously downloaded the free game and lost interest pretty quick. Therefore the inactivity problem is very present at the moment and may reduce the next days as the fraction of interested players will increase.
b) the users of this forum are probably the most active players of this game. They do not represent the 10s thousand of users out there.

So IMO there are better solutions to the problem (like increasing game limits etc) than reducing turn time in order to cater for all groups.
07-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Uyaay my wish came true, thank you devers Tongue