Should Scramblers get a buff?
06-10-2013, 02:08 PM
RE: Should Scramblers get a buff?
Wild guess Terance is Scramble baby Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2013, 02:08 PM
I think magicguy said it perfectly. The longer a scrambler stays alive, the advantage gained grows at a crazy pace so making them harder to kill would make them way too strong. It is often enough to scramble a unit fully expecting to lose the scrambler the next turn and already have it pay for itself. For example scrambling a sniper in a good position is a minimum 4-5 wit hit to the enemy while adding 4-5 wits to your army which is a solid 8-10 wit swing!

Szei's idea is really great though and one I'm surprised hasn't been pushed for yet, especially since it exists in starcraft which a lot of stuff in this game seems to borrow from Tongue Vetoing up to 3 maps when choosing league games would be awesome imo.
06-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Movement = 4 at the most.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
06-10-2013, 02:14 PM
I think that's a great suggestion Szei. Being as delusional and overconfident as I am, I don't see feedback being disadvantaged on any map other than Thorn Gulley!
06-10-2013, 03:54 PM
I understand that the Scrambler has a powerful ability that walks a fine line between underpowered and broken, but I still feel it has too many limitations to be useful in any league higher than Gifted or low level Masters.

My favorite is Scrambling at full HP, though. The main reason for that is that most of the time you scramble something, it will be easy for your opponent to simply kill your Scrambler with a soldier or runner. But what really sucks is that they can do the same exact thing to the unit you scrambled too.

Maybe it would be OP, but I think some kind of buff is worth a shot, kinda like Bramble v3. I seriously doubt any of these would be that broken though, except maybe giving it more HP.

Either way, I definitely don't think it's perfect as is. Even Bramble is better than Scrambler now, IMO, so I think it needs something to make it competitive.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
06-10-2013, 06:44 PM
I remember Harti saying something about scrambler actually scrambling with full HP in its first beta build. It WAS very OP.

06-10-2013, 06:52 PM
(06-10-2013 06:44 PM)Gf!sh Wrote:  I remember Harti saying something about scrambler actually scrambling with full HP in its first beta build. It WAS very OP.
Indeed it was. During the beta, there were builds where scrambler had both higher health and full-HP scrambling. If they were balanced, you'd probably be playing with them now; you aren't, so go figure Tongue
06-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Ha, watching ScramblerBaby, it must be Terence. The last Peekaboo game, the play style is exactly like his other games.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
06-10-2013, 11:11 PM
(06-10-2013 11:02 PM)Cor13:4 Wrote:  Ha, watching ScramblerBaby, it must be Terence. The last Peekaboo game, the play style is exactly like his other games.

There's a differing of opinion here Smile

(06-09-2013 09:43 AM)lawtai Wrote:  There's another supposed ST playing on an alt account. Scramble Baby. Anyone know who that is?

(06-09-2013 09:37 PM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Aha, no idea, but playing them at the moment, but they just focus on building up multiple soldier walls, it's not too hard to exploit.

We will see

Everything Changes
06-10-2013, 11:37 PM
I'm in the camp that thinks that pretty much any buff to scramblers would make them OPed (except maybe lowering the cost, but that makes the game lose some of its elegant game design).

I do like Szei's suggestion though of allowing a player to ban a few maps (maybe just 1 or 2). This would allow feedback to ban certain maps which are clearly unfavorable to them.

The only bad side is that certain maps (Reaper, anyone?) would never get played, but if that's what ends up happening, that probably indicates that those maps are broken or not fun anyways, right?

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4