Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I'm Done Until League's Are Fixed
07-10-2012, 04:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 04:54 AM by Harti.)
RE: I'm Done Until League's Are Fixed
Well put it this way:
It took months during beta to climb from Fluffy to Master League. Then the stats were reset. Then I got assigned to Gifted League. Then the app went live and I just wanted my old place back because I'd feel more comfortable playing the people who at least went 5-0 in their placements.

Anyhow, it just didn't let me. I was frustrated just like you but I knew that I needed to be patient. After 65 wins or so, I got promoted to Master League, finally.

After another reset I was like "cool, my 1,050 points are GONE!". ONE THOUSAND. Points down the drain. What did I play for all day and night? Everything's gone.
Well, not quite. After I won that 1 particular placement match, the thing that would never seem to happen JUST happened. I got promoted to the Super-Titan league. I showed the promotion screen to that random guy at university who PnP'd with me once, he had no idea what it meant but I was so happy to just show it to him.

For the moment.

Like 20 minutes later the league system seemed to be completely reset to zero. Five placement matches to go. Yeah, I have 103 wins but what's the point? I was devastated. And then I was like "Yeah, you're winning in a couple of games right now, just finish them off and you'll be back in Master or Super-Titan in no time". After I won those two insanely tough games in turn ~40, I got the 'Errer'. In BOTH of them. Leaving me with - again - 5 placements to go.

But I'm still not giving up. Because I know that I'll find my way into that league eventually. I'll have to work a little further for it, yeah. I will probably face a lot of 'Errer's. But that's what happens, it's mostly the unexpected things that only blow off in a live system.

Yeah, it may never have occured at Blizzard Entertainment Inc. but seriously, who or what are we comparing? A two-man indie developer to an AAA game developer COMPANY? Well, that's a compliment for OML but I wouldn't blame them. I'd only blame them if they don't have their data backed up before resetting everything.
But to be frank, I don't think that they're amateurs. (At least Alex seems to know what he's doing Tongue )

So just keep calm man, nothing lost for you here when you compare it to my Outwitters 'career'. Wink

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I'm Done Until League's Are Fixed - ArtNJ - 07-10-2012, 03:43 AM
RE: I'm Done Until League's Are Fixed - Harti - 07-10-2012 04:50 AM