Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I'm Done Until League's Are Fixed
07-10-2012, 03:43 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 03:46 AM by ArtNJ.)
I'm Done Until League's Are Fixed
I am 56-1. I won all 5 placement matches after the reset. My opponents were: 1 gifted, unranked x3, 1 clever, but obviously my hidden skill rank should be through the roof.

I give up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2012, 03:45 AM
RE: I'm Done Until League's Are Fixed
I'll roll some 2's with you if you want Wink.
07-10-2012, 03:48 AM
(07-10-2012 03:45 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  I'll roll some 2's with you if you want Wink.

Sure, in a day or two. I need to take a break.
07-10-2012, 04:06 AM
What? Did you place low or something?
07-10-2012, 04:11 AM
Yes, it placed me in Gifted.
07-10-2012, 04:20 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 04:21 AM by Harti.)
I know someone who got DEmoted from Gifted to Clever League by actually WINNING a game against a Clever League guy.

/edit: what I mean to say is: Keep it up. I'll be placed in Gifted too I think. That's what we kinda requested. Gifted League, in F-C-G-M-S, is the most central league and should be the beginning of very decent players. Smile

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-10-2012, 04:24 AM
That's different though. Maybe the guy who got demoted after winning his clever match had been losing to a lot of clever players before. It's weird but it happens in Starcraft too. You can get demoted after winning a game if you've been losing a lot against lower league players recently. Art's case is actually weird though because he hasn't been losing... The only thing I can imagine making sense is if you can no longer place in masters directly. Actually art, did you ever get promoted to masters before the reset or were you just like rank 1 gifted or something?
07-10-2012, 04:40 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 04:43 AM by ArtNJ.)
I was the #1 in Gifted prior to the reset. After the first reset this morning, I won 1 game and was in master. That lasted 15 minutes. Now I'm back in Gifted.

With respect to Harti (different strokes for different folks), I find it very frustrating. The mix of folks that you get to play if you are in Gifted, even with a high hidden skill ranking, is not what I want -- its like 25% master, 30% Gifted, 25% Clever, 20% unranked. I do like easy wins, its a character flaw I guess, but not to this level.

I do enjoy teaching, but no one asks what they did wrong or anything like that, so they are just mismatch games.

Edit: Also, I did see that there were some in Master post-reset, so I dont understand what happened in my case.
07-10-2012, 04:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 04:54 AM by Harti.)
Well put it this way:
It took months during beta to climb from Fluffy to Master League. Then the stats were reset. Then I got assigned to Gifted League. Then the app went live and I just wanted my old place back because I'd feel more comfortable playing the people who at least went 5-0 in their placements.

Anyhow, it just didn't let me. I was frustrated just like you but I knew that I needed to be patient. After 65 wins or so, I got promoted to Master League, finally.

After another reset I was like "cool, my 1,050 points are GONE!". ONE THOUSAND. Points down the drain. What did I play for all day and night? Everything's gone.
Well, not quite. After I won that 1 particular placement match, the thing that would never seem to happen JUST happened. I got promoted to the Super-Titan league. I showed the promotion screen to that random guy at university who PnP'd with me once, he had no idea what it meant but I was so happy to just show it to him.

For the moment.

Like 20 minutes later the league system seemed to be completely reset to zero. Five placement matches to go. Yeah, I have 103 wins but what's the point? I was devastated. And then I was like "Yeah, you're winning in a couple of games right now, just finish them off and you'll be back in Master or Super-Titan in no time". After I won those two insanely tough games in turn ~40, I got the 'Errer'. In BOTH of them. Leaving me with - again - 5 placements to go.

But I'm still not giving up. Because I know that I'll find my way into that league eventually. I'll have to work a little further for it, yeah. I will probably face a lot of 'Errer's. But that's what happens, it's mostly the unexpected things that only blow off in a live system.

Yeah, it may never have occured at Blizzard Entertainment Inc. but seriously, who or what are we comparing? A two-man indie developer to an AAA game developer COMPANY? Well, that's a compliment for OML but I wouldn't blame them. I'd only blame them if they don't have their data backed up before resetting everything.
But to be frank, I don't think that they're amateurs. (At least Alex seems to know what he's doing Tongue )

So just keep calm man, nothing lost for you here when you compare it to my Outwitters 'career'. Wink

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-10-2012, 04:57 AM
Yeah, I am going to try and be more patient. Alex and Adam are terrific. The game is awesome, and they will fix up the League system I'm sure.

I should have handled the situation differently, just frustrated. I'll send out some challenges for unrated games tonight, get humbled by Josue and you, and then I'll be in the right frame of mind for some easier matches.