Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scallywags Strategy
06-11-2013, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 03:51 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
RE: Scallywags Strategy
You are scally on peekaboo and you think your only way to play is turtling? Wrong! Smile
One bombshell used, coming three hexes away from torbrec's base Tongue
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y9azYAww

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Nice place for BS!

iPro Clan
06-11-2013, 05:07 PM
lol, turtling is certainly not the ONLY strategy. It's just for a few players who don't know how to deal with it. (ye i should put a smile here Smile )
nice play btw. i know turtling won't work on Torbreck, you've chosen the right strategy against him.
06-11-2013, 08:08 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 08:08 PM by terenceshiu2005.)
(06-11-2013 05:07 PM)His_Daddy Wrote:  lol, turtling is certainly not the ONLY strategy. It's just for a few players who don't know how to deal with it. (ye i should put a smile here Smile )
nice play btw. i know turtling won't work on Torbreck, you've chosen the right strategy against him.

I actually think that if Torbreck moved one hex back instead, the power of Magic's BS will be decreased. Don't know it work or not.

iPro Clan
06-11-2013, 10:08 PM
(06-11-2013 03:49 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  You are scally on peekaboo and you think your only way to play is turtling? Wrong! Smile
One bombshell used, coming three hexes away from torbrec's base Tongue
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y9azYAww

Yep. Kicking myself for letting you get that BS set so far up the board. Totally owned me from the start Smile

Super-Titan Top 200: #5
GCID: ===Torbreck===
King of the Hill
06-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Yeah, that is a sweet place for a BS, and you got it out just at the right time, when he was low on attacking unit count because of the mobi. You need to be a little careful there though, as an opponent can cycle soldiers and possibly get to you.

An example on my first account (though the opponent is not ranked #7 like you and I'm playing Scallies)...

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgsjAAgw

He gets his BS out first and in the position you had. Cycling soldiers and moving them to positions to attack once I had enough wits was his downfall.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
06-11-2013, 11:21 PM
exactly, magic owned the nice position, but it is required additional wits for him to go further. If Torbreck could sit back for few turns, magic were not easy to protect his BS.

iPro Clan
06-12-2013, 02:05 AM
True. But that's the spirit of Torbreck, he really want to kill the BS and he never retreat... I guess he's still thinking of killing that BS when he sticked to that position.
(06-11-2013 08:08 PM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 05:07 PM)His_Daddy Wrote:  lol, turtling is certainly not the ONLY strategy. It's just for a few players who don't know how to deal with it. (ye i should put a smile here Smile )

I actually think that if Torbreck moved one hex back instead, the power of Magic's BS will be decreased. Don't know it work or not.
06-12-2013, 02:06 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 02:09 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
The first problem fir him was this series of turns where tor and I made soldiers trade: he spent 4 wits to kill my soldier whereas I always spent two. ^^

What do you mean terence? Once my attack was done and my bs set up there, it was kinda over Smile he could have killed it but my other units could do what they wanted then! Or you mean, before the attack?

This is why I think Bs is extremely powerful. It's often more wit efficient than the mobi, and if he is well managed it gives you a great map control. Here I wonder how torbreck could have killed my bs if he didn't plan a big mobi-snipe attack which would maybe suicide all his units in front of my soldiers!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
06-12-2013, 02:32 AM
(06-12-2013 02:06 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  The first problem fir him was this series of turns where tor and I made soldiers trade: he spent 4 wits to kill my soldier whereas I always spent two. ^^

What do you mean terence? Once my attack was done and my bs set up there, it was kinda over Smile he could have killed it but my other units could do what they wanted then! Or you mean, before the attack?

This is why I think Bs is extremely powerful. It's often more wit efficient than the mobi, and if he is well managed it gives you a great map control. Here I wonder how torbreck could have killed my bs if he didn't plan a big mobi-snipe attack which would maybe suicide all his units in front of my soldiers!

I agree BS is extremely powerful in some locations, but killable. I mean Tor could sit back or move some unit toward heavy from turn 13. it is similar (although not the same) to our SvS game on same map, I remembered that you placed the first BS very close to my base (should be one hexes near than this), you forced me sit back for a while (not trading soldiers with you), once I have enough wits, I can spawn a special or attack after my long calculationTongue

iPro Clan