Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scallywags Strategy
06-06-2013, 12:56 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 12:57 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
RE: BombShell BB (Scallywags)
I'll look at them cor! Especially cuz I never really watched a replay of yours, it's the time to see how well you are doing Tongue

Szei, what hostility? aha don't worry ^^' I think you're right (again, c'mon!!), but what I personnaly felt when I was facing terence is that he was better when he got a bombshell. He also crushed me without it, but, once he got his bombshell(s) out, I felt like I was condemned.
Nonetheless, when I myself try to put a threatening bs, I don't manage to do it yet cuz I always feel he's gonna die directly. So strange! When I'm against it I think it's unkillable and when I have it I fear for his life. Rolleyes

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2013, 01:18 AM
(06-05-2013 11:58 PM)Cor13:4 Wrote:  I posted a few of my replays for your consideration =) Maybe these replays will inspire some people to try Scallywags again.

I'd like to see you try Feedback or Veggies also. I've in general found that feedback vs. Scallies favors Scallies, but maybe you could show us wrong with some new tricks =)

Of course, here are things I've always wanted to see in a game (maybe you can make them happen, though they are silly):

1. Offensive bramble. Tow along that 4 move unrooted bramble and on an attack, root it somewhere like a spawn space or something and create some defense against the counter-attack.
2. Scramble a mobi who then moves and teleports a scrambler who then scrambles another unit (preferably another mobi who then teleports another scrambler...)

after watching your replays, I am sure you are one of the best scallywags players, can make scallywags attack aggressively. your replays have been added in the first post for easy finding. thanks for your contribution!

iPro Clan
06-06-2013, 02:10 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 02:14 AM by Alvendor.)
(06-05-2013 11:20 PM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 10:58 PM)Cor13:4 Wrote:  I don't always spawn bombshells, especially against Adorables. Saving up the wits and doing a decisive strike when they bring out the mobi is often the winning move, or having enough wits to counter-attack can push for the win.

It is good to learn from replays, I watched many replays when I was in low level.
Same here, from my replays showed that, saving up wits was better than spawn a BS sometime. Attack when you see mobi(s)!Big Grin

Yep the more I play the more 4 hp soldiers I seem to be making. They are just so wit efficient and the perfect counter to early mobi on many maps!

This game for example, 4 hp soldiers were just better than mobi. Ignore the ending as burnodrod would have won easily if it weren't for a royal screwup Smile
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YmIWxAww

Soldier spam FTW
06-06-2013, 02:29 AM
I greatly respect you, Terence, so that's very nice of you to say.

On Glitch: I might have said that Adorables is as strong as Scallies, but maybe I think Scallies have a slight advantage on this map. Looking at my replays, I have never lost on Glitch (although I've only played it 6 times on this account), and many times the bombshell placement would be impossible to beat.

Here's a few examples of bombshells on Glitch:
Turn 4: Having taken out his runner, I'm almost positive he wouldn't have created another one and the heavy isn't going to see the bombshell I put out. This bombshell can directly hit the one-from-middle-hexes, and is safe for the next turn, so it's pretty nasty. From that point on, with that part of the map controlled, I move to controlling the left side with bombshells

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgofxAgw

TBD: More Maybe

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
06-06-2013, 02:35 AM
Regardless of all the shit talk we've made, I'm glad this word finally come out from you. Then I apologize for being offensive. (I blame that to the red weddingSmile)
It's really really difficult to be offensive by BS, and the 3-wits-can't-attack move really hurts. Which means even you lead in wits, when you try to be offensive, you might already lose the advantage you just had.
I'm watching the SvS you had with BombShell BB. On reaper you lead once a while until you moved that BS around the spawn point too much (you can actually make a new one for three move, i'll stop here since that's where the turtle come out from). And since you used 9 or 10(1 for heal) wits to put a BS there, if it cost more for the opponent to kill it, just let him, as long as the base is safe.

And thanks for the uploading, terenceshiu2005. I believe I'm over raged for the past two days. But thank you guys for paying attention and reasonable thought into this race and turning my irrational move into somehow useful.

(06-06-2013 12:56 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  I'll look at them cor! Especially cuz I never really watched a replay of yours, it's the time to see how well you are doing Tongue

Szei, what hostility? aha don't worry ^^' I think you're right (again, c'mon!!), but what I personnaly felt when I was facing terence is that he was better when he got a bombshell. He also crushed me without it, but, once he got his bombshell(s) out, I felt like I was condemned.
Nonetheless, when I myself try to put a threatening bs, I don't manage to do it yet cuz I always feel he's gonna die directly. So strange! When I'm against it I think it's unkillable and when I have it I fear for his life. Rolleyes
06-06-2013, 03:47 AM
What about this one? My opponent has let the wit side free so here is
the most offensive bombshell you can see:
http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20YldrXAww

Tongue

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

06-06-2013, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 05:34 PM by terenceshiu2005.)
(06-06-2013 02:10 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  Yep the more I play the more 4 hp soldiers I seem to be making. They are just so wit efficient and the perfect counter to early mobi on many maps!

This game for example, 4 hp soldiers were just better than mobi. Ignore the ending as burnodrod would have won easily if it weren't for a royal screwup Smile
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YmIWxAww

I am totally agreed. To deal with the highly movable mobi, 4 hp soldiers are good as their mobility.
(06-06-2013 02:35 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  It's really really difficult to be offensive by BS, and the 3-wits-can't-attack move really hurts. Which means even you lead in wits, when you try to be offensive, you might already lose the advantage you just had.

BS is powerful, but that is definitely the weak point of BS.

iPro Clan
06-07-2013, 07:39 AM
(06-05-2013 09:15 PM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  Magic again! 10 turns!!! Impressive!!!!!
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yv9ncAww

ouchies

Proud Gifted League 1v1 http://osn.codepenguin.com/players/view/25336
06-07-2013, 12:03 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2013 12:18 PM by (Rone).)
RE: Scallywags Strategy
(06-05-2013 04:45 PM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  109) outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y_srWAww

I'm wondering is this an example of turtling?

I know terms creaping and turtling can be similar. However the connotation of turtling is more defensively, while creaping is slowly attacking out with a long line of defense (like soldiers) behind snipers or bombshells.

Also thanks for sharing this post it is priceless, especially when my best team are scallywag's although not by much any longer.

Proud Gifted League 1v1 http://osn.codepenguin.com/players/view/25336
06-07-2013, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2013 01:32 PM by terenceshiu2005.)
RE: Scallywags Strategy
(06-07-2013 12:03 PM)Deadbeatman Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 04:45 PM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  109) outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y_srWAww

I'm wondering is this an example of turtling?

I know terms creaping and turtling can be similar. However the connotation of turtling is more defensively, while creaping is slowly attacking out with a long line of defense (like soldiers) behind snipers or bombshells.

Also thanks for sharing this post it is priceless, especially when my best team are scallywag's although not by much any longer.

According to your definition, I will say we were turtling because we didn't have many actions before my major attack, the game end in few turns after the attack. I'm sorry it is boring, right? I launched my major attack in turn 41 as I know I had better chance to win this game.

iPro Clan