Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweetie Plains SvS Broken!
06-04-2013, 11:20 AM
RE: Sweetie Plains SvS Broken!
Of course I'm biased, but I tend to think Adorables are stronger (and maybe the majority of STs do too, since they're played the most).

His_Daddy is the first Scally player I've played since I got to ST, and in general, the first in a long time.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2013, 11:25 AM
(06-04-2013 11:19 AM)Phyresis Wrote:  is there any top tier veggies players? or is that team non existant in ST?

veggienauts
Kee_23

I dont think the nature of veggie can make them go further in top 200, just my opinion...

iPro Clan
06-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Kee_23 is pretty high up though! Good job!

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
06-04-2013, 11:49 AM
^isnt veggienauts .Memories.?

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
06-04-2013, 01:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 01:42 PM by terenceshiu2005.)
veggienauts is awpertunity.
stolen memories is memories
I used to be a scallywag player and I am a scallywag player with my alt BB in 3rd season. I have another adorable ST account in 2nd season. Maybe I can give some comment on it; I try to be neutral, but may be still have bias. Big Grin

I remembered I wrote something like “scallywag is an defensive and easy for a player to use” somewhere in this forum, maybe it is still true in low-to-mid level, but not in high level after the wits+ mechanism has been implemented.

S is turtled? Yes, it is! It is because of its nature. I don’t think a player can spawn BS and then move it aggressively toward the opponent to attack. It must be failed without any unit covers it. Therefore, S cannot win a game within 10 turns. Can A or F be? Sometime!

SvS is boring? Yes it is! I had a SvS game with awpertunity on peekaboo, it was an endless game, we gave up the game after 350+ turns. I have a couple of SvS games with MagicGuy recently, it is long game even though we set the limit of BS to 1 only.

To me, although BS is the most powerful special, but it is the most immovable/inflexible special, setup a BS is expensive, moving BS is extremely expensive to me. I seldom to spawn a BS in early stage of a game, even don’t have BS for the whole game. Also, BS cannot be used in the same turn when it is spawned or moved, but mobi and scrambler can. It may lose an opportunity sometime.

In my adorable account, it was pretty fast became a ST, it was around 4x wins, I will say A can be very aggressive (like reaper/Skull D rush), the other races must be lost if they don’t setup well for rush. On the other hand, I will say A can be turtled with wits+ mechanism, even turtler than S by picking off the juicy units one by one.

It is good to have different teams used by top players… make it more healthy. Every team have Pro and Con (not sure for veggienaut), that is balance... I will try feedback and veggienaut later...

iPro Clan
06-04-2013, 01:57 PM
(06-04-2013 11:19 AM)Phyresis Wrote:  is there any top tier veggies players? or is that team non existant in ST?

you're in a clan with Ser Purple Wolf, I think he was ST at one point. Idk if he even play anymore though :/

and BS is easy to "Fix": Give it a minimum range of 2 so things right next to it can't be targetted. can still splash, and doesn't fix multiple Bombshells, but still could be good

my other idea was to make them able to shell and fire in the same turn, but they can't unshell and shell in the same turn. That' leaves them vulnerable for a turn while they wait to be able to shell in their new position.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
06-04-2013, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 02:43 PM by [PETA] Doodat.)
SPW still plays a little.
Also, that nerf is too much: if it were to be changed, I think:
Range 2-3
Can shoot over units
Cannot see splash possibilities (this means that if an enemy unit is in the FOW, then BS can't see it)
Can shoot anywhere in its radius ^^clarifying two things above
Can hit nothing

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
06-04-2013, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 10:39 PM by [PETA] Cor13:4.)
El Pared, I don't think we're saying bombshells are overpowered. Terence, who is ranked effectively #3 and #4 and has played both is basically saying they both have their strengths.

Your fixes would nerf them to uselessness.

What I was trying to say is sometimes with s v s it can become a stalemate, which your nerfs have no effect on. All your nerfs would do is make it so that NOBODY plays Scallies. As is, Scallies at higher levels is rarely played. Adorables are 80% of the players probably.

06-05-2013, 01:45 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013 03:20 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
(06-04-2013 08:04 AM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  I'm pretty sure no one was actually blaming anyone for anything.

This. If you had a bad day his daddy, it's not my problem, but don't make a post to bully me as if I was the worst noob even though I didn't say ANYTHING against you. I'm allowed to hate turtling, in other words to have an opinion, but I never said turtlers didn't have skills or whatever. I remember a game on SFI where you strategy completely brained me with a bomshell. Dunno why you are so agressive, already in the ingame chat I said something kindly an you became extremely unfriendly. Go away if you don't like me, but don't spam te forum with nonsense posts. (All your tiny words meaning I have no skills are pretty hilarious since you never reached my rank.)

And it's my right to take time to play when I don't have fun. I don't do that when I lose, just ask mastercaster or terence. Some other players do wait more when they're in difficulty or whatever, I know it, and I don't care, I'm not hurried, it's a damn game that is absolutely not important. Again, put your agressivity somewhere else but not here, cor didn't open this topic for that.

Wait, you feel offended by "that kind of player"? Seriously? What's wrong with that? You're a player right? You are a kind of player = you are a turtler, right? ( two bombshells at turn 13 , don't deny it). Why feeling insulted? Do you feel turtler is pejorative? I never said that, (it is FOR ME, but that's my opinion and I didn't hate you for being so), don't overact mate.
"Bad luck for you to meet him". Some players told me so when they met me, or when I told them I was against poweewee if I remember well. Yeah, it's bad luck for him to meet you, because it's extremely hard to pass through your bs walls. Feeling insulted for that? Just get humor.

Edit: didn't see this, as for my comment "let's end this useless battle Smile ", I didn't mean to be offending, it's the only thing that I can understand you didn't get the real meaning of. I just mean that my defense was pointless, continuing to fight even though I didn't have fun was pointless, all in all that keeping this battle alive was pointless. Saw that smiley " Smile "? Ok cool.

Edit2: after reading again you first post I feel like I've been too gentle here, you've squarely downed me to the level of a brainless person who is annoying everyone and has absolutely no skill, what's the matter with you? How the heck can we come to such agressivity for nothing happenned before? Wow, just wow.

So, now let's get back to useful stuff

Terence, when I saw you playing, I disagree with you on one thing: bombshell can be used in a real strategy, can be used to be offensive. How did you win on our second sweet tooth game? Well first you're better than me, but the positionning and the way you forced me to be splahed by the bombshells was absolutely awesome. It's like poweewee for the all rounds all stars: his bombshells were offensive. Well, staying on one hex, of course, it's the core of bs gameplay, but not used to wait for the opponent. And this is why I think much skill is required to really play with bombshells, and this is why I'm, thanks to you, switching sometimes to scallywags. Smile

I do think bombshells have something that need to be nerfed. Dunno really what, maybe lowering the HP is a bit too much (though I'd love that! Tongue ), but not showing splash possibilities would be a good start ^^
06-05-2013, 03:32 AM
First I apologize again if I get your word wrong. As you may find I'm not a native English speaker.
But again, as I expected, you totally can't get the point, even with all the discussion above.
Let me make it simple.
1. What's wrong with " two bombshells at turn 13"? I never deny it, i'm just asking you what's wrong with it. Should I say why you spawn a mobi?
2. Even with all the facts that there are rarely players at top, you still think bs need nerf, not adorable, then I don't think "brainless" is a curse for you. BS need change, but NOT NERF.
3. I see no where before this last post that you admit the loss. The only thing you do is crying how op BS is and wasting time. You do have the right As I said, feel free to keep doing it.