Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems after league reset
07-10-2012, 12:49 AM
Problems after league reset
There has been an error after every win since the update so they are not recorded. When I have received an invite the app crashes when selecting that game.

Also the number of ranked games renaming is still stuck at five. When this is resolved please let me know so I can continue playing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2012, 12:55 AM
RE: Problems after league reset
I just completed a game which was recorded and counted towards my 5 placement matches.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2012, 12:59 AM
Having the same problem here too.
07-10-2012, 01:02 AM
I completed another that I was holding off on. Same error and it was not reflected. Still 5 games remaining for my placement. I'd recommend not completing league games until this problem is identified and fixed.

Having three wins that aren't recorded is annoying.
07-10-2012, 01:04 AM
Same problems for me too. Running on an iPad 1 iOS 5.1.1 if that helps.
07-10-2012, 01:10 AM
I'm on an iPhone 4s so I don't think it is device specific.
07-10-2012, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 01:14 AM by Kamikaze28.)
(07-10-2012 01:02 AM)Hamhero Wrote:  [...] I'd recommend not completing league games until this problem is identified and fixed.
Why? In other threads, people are complaining about stuck games and full game lists and now you recommend doing the same just because the result of these games seem to not be counted? I say 'seem', because none of us can be sure whether our hidden MMR is affected or not, I maintain it is. But even if it's not, you are gaining experience with every game. So I ask again: why would you stop playing now?

(07-10-2012 01:02 AM)Hamhero Wrote:  Having three wins that aren't recorded is annoying.
I can understand your annoyance with this. But being annoyed doesn't make the error go away any faster and it won't bring you anything but a bad mood. Stop being annoyed and start being awesome again Wink

Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
07-10-2012, 01:35 AM
I agree - best to keep on playing. Most players are near the bottom of the learning curve (myself included) when it comes to strategy and the leagues are designed to pair you up with opponents of a similar standard. If you end up in the wrong league at the end of this fix then I'm sure you will soon change leagues after a few matches
07-10-2012, 03:17 AM
(07-10-2012 03:16 AM)mkaen Wrote:  I was in the middle of my first two of five placement matches when I saw the news post about a leagues reset.

I then finished (won) one of those matches. It gave an error and crashed out.

Now I am listed as having one league win on my profile, but the game still says I have 5 of 5 placement matches remaining.

Anyone else in this situation?

Yes. It's a known error that a connection error on the last submit causes the game to not be credited towards points or placement matches. Nothing to do about it but go on.

07-10-2012, 03:20 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 03:21 AM by bspooky.)
Sure we would prefer this didn't happen. But they took or are taking care of it. I had one game bug out since the refresh (though i think it eventually said the winner next time i logged in) but I've also played a couple that didn't have any issues since the refresh. I am better off having had the enjoyment of those games. :-)

Just play. Have fun. Life is good.

(basically though it is good to report potential bugs, don't let it stop ya from playing)