Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Scrambling to the Top
05-19-2013, 11:19 AM
RE: Scrambling to the Top
Fun experiment, I'll have to start watching the replays. As a Feedback player, there's nothing more satisfying than scrambling your opponent's special.

Live your life as more than plastic.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2013, 12:29 PM
Small tip but instead of reposting ur games as new comments, just post edit them all into your orignal comment so they are easier to find.

Also I'm looking forward to this thread ^^
05-19-2013, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2013 08:33 PM by the duck.)
I'm really love to watch your replays and especially because I decided to try playing feedback a week ago. I just got boring playing Adorables all the time.

Defeat Is Not An Option

GC:dakdak97 Master League
05-19-2013, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2013 08:03 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20Yv4jCAww

Did you tell him who you really are? He deserves it Tongue

Edit: oh it's in the OP aha! I always found strange the players who are in gifted or clever after more than 500 wins!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
05-19-2013, 08:09 PM
Lol I remember a past post of either Adam or Alex - I don't like playing some supertitans because l believe they can read my mind.
Been there, done that now.

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
05-19-2013, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2013 10:00 PM by Alvendor.)
(05-19-2013 12:29 PM)game_taker Wrote:  Small tip but instead of reposting ur games as new comments, just post edit them all into your orignal comment so they are easier to find.

Also I'm looking forward to this thread ^^

Yep I'll do that
(05-19-2013 08:00 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Did you tell him who you really are? He deserves it Tongue

I guess he does haha

Soldier spam FTW
05-20-2013, 04:25 AM
I agree that scrambler mind games are so much fun. Is it there is it not?

I started outwitters as a bombsheller then switched to adorables. Though for season 3 I have been only feedback. Switching up sure keeps things interesting.

05-20-2013, 05:47 AM
(05-19-2013 09:19 AM)Deadbeatman Wrote:  Their are plenty of players in the top 50 that win games with feedback vs Adorables 1v1 so why is their any doubt that feedback can not be compared with Adorables in the top games?

I mean I'm not the expert on the subject, speaking strictly from viewing ST 1v1 replays. I'm just curious, apparently not as much as you are, to know the why Adorables can not be competed with by feedback. Sure, as you have showed in your games the starting out strategy is slightly different, and which units you'll depend on the most.

I believe that isn't the belief in 2v2 teams.

Before the wit for kill change Scallywags was considered the strongest race. After the wit for kill change people slowly started to realize that the change was really good for adorables as move/kill/teleport back suddenly became one wit cheaper. More and more players switched to adorables and now the large majority of the top 10 are playing them.

Lets consider Feedback vs Scallywags, opponent has a bombshell with soldiers in front. A best case scenario for us would be:
* move out with a hidden unboosted scrambler - 8 wits
Next turn:
* move and scramble soldier next to bombshell - 1 wit
* attack bombshell, move back with scrambled soldier, move and kill bombshell with other soldier - 3 wits.
* Opponent will kill our (4hp) solider - 4 wits.

So this costs us 16 wits but we gain a 1 hp soldier worth 2 wits so total cost 14.

Opponent loose: 4hp soldier and boosted bombshell - 15
It also costs opponent one wit to kill our 4 hp soldier so a total of 16 wits.

So in a perfect exchange we can gain 2 wits by trading a scrambler for a bombshell. Problem is that it is so much that can go wrong that usually swings the wits balance in scallywags favor.

But maybe this is not the only option and feedback can do larger attacks and avoid trading like above?

For adorables it is not as easy to count wits for typical exchanges. I think adorables is easier to play though. You are not as likely to screw up with a mobi. You also usually want to hide scramblers and that requires you to think of what your opponent thinks you do.

Soldier spam FTW
05-20-2013, 06:48 AM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2013 06:49 AM by (Rone).)
Very well said.

You said it correctly... When I'm Scallywag's, the only way I win games is to play aggressive as possible with strong plays and make sure I do as little wit wasting as possible. However I still have lots to learn about this game thus why I'm a 1v1 Gifted player.

thanks for replying to my post.

Proud Gifted League 1v1 http://osn.codepenguin.com/players/view/25336
05-22-2013, 12:27 AM
I love Mr.Scramby too! Feedback games can be more spectacular than mobi.
Take a look at this example: outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YmeXEAww

Yes, it's a friendly, we don't play too much seriously, but anyway, you can get what "feedback chain reaction" is Smile