Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Win/Loss ratio required for promotion
08-03-2013, 07:27 AM
RE: Win/Loss ratio required for promotion
This probably belongs somewhere like this but according to A & A points accrued in league games factored in both total points and hidden ranking

(07-31-2013 07:00 AM)OutwittersFan422 Wrote:  What got me to thinking that that this was a separate formula than the hidden ranking system was that the correlations made no sense until you separate the two systems entirely. At that point, it becomes rather straight forward. I was for a long time #1 in ST and playing players who had both higher and lower hidden rankings than I did (at least at the most recently published HRs). Being as I was #1 for both the league rank was controlled for and there were many cases of players who were lower in HR than I was who lost more points than those who were higher despite beating both.

without knowing all the numbers this could still make sense e.g.

You 1000 league points & 1000 HR
Player A 400 league points &1100 HR
Player B 900 league points & 900 HR

So, through whatever equation, the combination of player B's points and HR means they would lose more after a defeat to you. Numbers, numbers Smile

Have the points for ST vs ST started varying significantly from the +24/-1 bracket ( I haven't played in a while). I emailed A&A and was told that ST vs ST point allocation "was a bit wonky" a couple of months back.

(07-31-2013 07:00 AM)OutwittersFan422 Wrote:  If i start with 500 league points and you start with 400 then I believe that OML has a formula for point awarded/taken for win/loss. So if we play 5 games and I beat you all five. Lets say the first was I get 20 points and you lose 10. the second would then move 21/9, 3rd 22/8, 4th 23/7 and so on.

It should be more of a gradual decrease of points gained and lost I thought so more like +21/9, +20/-9, +19/-8 etc. Your capacity to gain points is decreased because my total points and HR decrease with each defeat and conversely my capacity to lose points is decreased. Likewise, I could be wrong.

Fantastic thread on your 1200 (and counting) games by the way. Haven't had the time yet but look forward to sinking my teeth into it. One question though, When you deliberately dropped down in rank before starting a new race did you lose on purpose, try mad strategies or just play blitz?

Everything Changes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Win/Loss ratio required for promotion - phineas94 - 08-03-2013 07:27 AM