Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Win/Loss ratio required for promotion
06-18-2013, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2013 07:04 PM by phineas94.)
RE: Win/Loss ratio required for promotion
Congrats Terence! I was guessing at a 40 game requirement so almost right. Whilst I'm hesitant to explain your results, I would guess that (WARNING! Wild assumptions to follow) it takes about 20 games to get to the hidden ranking threshold where the system then starts logging your win/loss ratio over the next 20 or so games. Because of the current spread of STs combined with your awesome record you were placed against STs so often as the system was automatically pairing you with players of similar ability. Does this make sense? The system doesn't have as much confidence in "normal" players who have lost once or twice and therefore matches them with more players from their own division with 5 or so matches against players from a higher division before they tick all the boxes required for promotion. There. We know how it works Smile
(06-18-2013 05:54 PM)Deadbeatman Wrote:  phineas94, I gave my 2v2 stats because you asked for more and seeing as Master league has three leagues below it. These stats I had lying around with easy access to the games which is why I felt like sharing.

More the merrier! I could only put these numbers in the "Division after placement" section. Keep on throwing them at me though

Everything Changes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Win/Loss ratio required for promotion - phineas94 - 06-18-2013 06:59 PM