Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Win/Loss ratio required for promotion
06-01-2013, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 05:52 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
RE: Win/Loss ratio required for promotion
Why "these"? Tongue You're ST too, and you don' seem to play 1v1 anymore, you won't improve if you don't practice!

Yeah I got straight to master

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2013, 05:58 PM
(06-01-2013 05:52 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Why "these"? Tongue You're ST too, and you don' seem to play 1v1 anymore, you won't improve if you don't practice!

Yeah I got straight to master

Very true. I'm planning a big come back in September Big Grin

Everything Changes
06-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Bombshell BB
placement->gifted 4 wins, 1 loss
gifted->master: 28 wins, 1 loss
master->ST: 40 wins, 7 losses (got promoted after 7th loss)
start->ST: 72 wins, 9 losses

iPro Clan
06-01-2013, 08:07 PM
(06-01-2013 08:01 PM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  Bombshell BB
placement->gifted 4 wins, 1 loss
gifted->master: 28 wins, 1 loss
master->ST: 40 wins, 7 losses (got promoted after 7th loss)
start->ST: 72 wins, 9 losses

Wait you lost in placement and gifted? xD

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

06-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Yes, I didTongue

iPro Clan
06-01-2013, 11:17 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 11:35 PM by phineas94.)
Thanks Terenceshell20BB Smile and congrats on #4. I wonder where your main account would place now.
Does anyone know where winning 2 placement games puts you? Fluffy and/or Clever?
If any ST really wants to go the hard route, just to satisfy my curiosity, and deliberately lose all 5 placement games with a new account. We could have a race to supertitan competiton. Thrutchy holds the title at the mo as they've battled through the most divisions and have the best Masters to Supertitan stats. SpeedKing Big Grin Although I did peek at Veggienaut's stats and they look pretty devastating

Everything Changes
06-02-2013, 12:12 AM
I am pretty sure that the requirements for promotion and demotion have changed. It seems to me that this may have occurred with the new season but I cant be sure when. Coincidentally there seem to be far fewer people playing now which likely has something to do with that.

But prior to this change I had recorded numbers on my promotions and demotions as a means to crack the hidden ranking code. I am all but certain that I figured out promotion demotion but I am now equally as certain that the situation has changed.

Promotion now seems to be much easier/faster and demotion much harder/slower. This also would make sense given the large number of higher level of players who have left
06-02-2013, 12:31 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2013 12:31 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
I will do it phineas! The top is inactive, and I'm not good enough to beat e only one I meet, terence, so it will be interesting to have battles against new players. Tongue

I'll call this account Speedking aha

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

06-02-2013, 12:45 AM
(06-01-2013 11:17 PM)phineas94 Wrote:  Thanks Terenceshell20BB Smile and congrats on #4. I wonder where your main account would place now.

I guess it should be 3rd, I remembered I only can pair up with poweewee & Alvendor at that moment. But BB cannot reach them at this moment.

iPro Clan
06-02-2013, 12:45 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2013 12:56 AM by phineas94.)
(06-02-2013 12:12 AM)OutwittersFan422 Wrote:  I am pretty sure that the requirements for promotion and demotion have changed. It seems to me that this may have occurred with the new season but I cant be sure when. Coincidentally there seem to be far fewer people playing now which likely has something to do with that.

But prior to this change I had recorded numbers on my promotions and demotions as a means to crack the hidden ranking code. I am all but certain that I figured out promotion demotion but I am now equally as certain that the situation has changed.

Promotion now seems to be much easier/faster and demotion much harder/slower. This also would make sense given the large number of higher level of players who have left

The date range of these stats will obviously be quite varied so yes, another unknown if behind the scenes changes have occurred. The promotion mechanics for 2v2 obviously got a big overhaul recently. One thing that does seem to have stayed the same is the huge variance in the weighting of the initial 5 placement games - lose 1 and end up having to play 50+ games to get to the same level as someone who won all 5.

The interlinked nature of how all of this is worked out obviously means there's no one window you can look through to gain insight but hopefully these numbers may interest some and provide some insight for others. Have you still got your stats, i still feel the more the merrier Smile
(06-02-2013 12:31 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  I will do it phineas! The top is inactive, and I'm not good enough to beat e only one I meet, terence, so it will be interesting to have battles against new players. Tongue

I'll call this account Speedking aha

Good man Mag!c. I was going to ask you specifically to do it, you haven't let me downBig Grin Start your engines!

Everything Changes