06-01-2013, 01:20 PM
RE: Win/Loss ratio required for promotion
Here are some of my stats:

placement->clever: 4 wins, 1 loss
clever->gifted: 31 wins, 0 losses
gfted->master: ~25 wins, 1 loss
master->ST: ~33 wins, 5 losses
start->ST: 93 wins, 7 losses

Also, my experience is about 5 games after you get matched with the league above (and continue mostly winning), you'll get promoted.

Based on my experience and what others have said, I think it is about 30 games per league with a good win/loss ratio.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Season 2 (4 wins 1 loss) placement into Gifted.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
06-01-2013, 02:46 PM
I'll start a new account for this Smile I'll post every replay to keep the tabs up. It'll probably be under the name: Elysienne

I'll let you know when I start
06-01-2013, 04:46 PM
I think their is more to just winning and losing.

I'm sure their is a mathematical equation for the hidden ranking.

Proud Gifted League 1v1 http://osn.codepenguin.com/players/view/25336
[Image: sig.png]
06-01-2013, 05:02 PM
I can only remember records from my new account. Old one's been there for a year now.
Account: Wildt4lon
Placement: 5/5 Gifted
1 win later - Master
Not moved since. I think my current ratio is around 1:2

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
06-01-2013, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 06:24 PM by phineas94.)
Thanks all. Wow Thrutchy! They really made you work to get out of Clever League You must have been very bad in a previous life Smile Impressive stats though

(06-01-2013 04:46 PM)Deadbeatman Wrote:  I think their is more to just winning and losing.

I'm sure their is a mathematical equation for the hidden ranking.

There is, but as it's hidden it's difficult to factor in Smile - this is just an exercise in number crunching to give people an idea of what level of results they require. Obviously your win/loss ratio directly affects your hidden ranking and yes this ultimately determines your division placement. But, as mentioned in the in-game help, a win streak is required to gain promotion. I was on about a 60% win rate for an age in masters, maintaining a position around about 100 in the top 200. It wasn't until that lucky streak of 15/20 that I got promoted. Hopefully this info will put a few minds at rest when they're wondering just what they have to do in order to get promoted

Everything Changes
06-01-2013, 05:22 PM
On another account I opened because I was bored (Sham!e), at 13 league wins (and two lossed cuz I timed out) I got at top 200. And with blueharbour, we're 69th with 6 or 7 wins for 0 losses!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

06-01-2013, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 05:28 PM by phineas94.)
If Awpertunity or Terence are reading this - are your second accounts records complete in OSN? If so I don't mind doing the legwork to get the numbers Smile
(06-01-2013 05:22 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  On another account I opened because I was bored (Sham!e), at 13 league wins (and two lossed cuz I timed out) I got at top 200. And with blueharbour, we're 69th with 6 or 7 wins for 0 losses!

So was that placed straight into Masters in 1v1 and then 13 wins later you reached the top 200?

Everything Changes
06-01-2013, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 05:35 PM by (Rone).)
Well I feel like I'm practically dying to get promoted... Except I realize the time before I got promoted (back again) into gifted I had to go through numerous amounts of clever games... rarely I lost and most I won although it wasn't until I started facing Gifted players that gave me the sign that I could be close to a promotion. I continued to lose against some gifted and then I learned to play a little more aggressively. When that happened the winning gifted started to become more common. Eventually, it was bound to happen I became gifted once again and so far have stayed their.

Staying in gifted I've learned that map dynamics plays an important role. I think that is the biggest thing that all gifted players learn and work on. A lot of it can be learned from watching replay's though.

So in short I think when people start playing others of a higher league, or for masters league players that are in top 200 and for top 200 players in the ST league, it becomes a sure sign of their improvement especially if they are winning those games.

Proud Gifted League 1v1 http://osn.codepenguin.com/players/view/25336
06-01-2013, 05:42 PM
(06-01-2013 05:31 PM)Deadbeatman Wrote:  Well I feel like I'm practically dying to get promoted... Except I realize the time before I got promoted (back again) into gifted I had to go through numerous amounts of clever games... rarely I lost and most I won although it wasn't until I started facing Gifted players that gave me the sign that I could be close to a promotion. I continued to lose against some gifted and then I learned to play a little more aggressively. When that happened the winning gifted started to become more common. Eventually, it was bound to happen I became gifted once again and so far have stayed their.

Staying in gifted I've learned that map dynamics plays an important role. I think that is the biggest thing that all gifted players learn and work on. A lot of it can be learned from watching replay's though.

It's great when you find that new angle to take, I remember it well. I got thrashed when I was first put in masters but hopped on the learning curve and never looked back. I need a bigger brain now though, these Supertitans are ridiculously good.

Everything Changes