Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reset of leagues
07-10-2012, 02:25 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 02:39 AM by onealexleft.)
RE: Reset of leagues
(07-09-2012 10:35 PM)crump7 Wrote:  I don't agree that resetting all data is the practical way to fix software issues, it should be a last resort if there is no way to preserve the data. Lets hope when RBS has its next software problem it doesn't reset everyones accounts. (Sorry I know its not in the same league but I just couldn't help myself, and sorry about the league pun)Blush

It was definitely a last resort, the league data integrity was compromised beyond repair when trying to migrate data, due to some processes not working and/or scaling adequately on the live dataset. Lesson learned, will not happen again and we're putting in place better tools. Very sorry for the inconvenience!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2012, 02:28 AM
It certainly bites to put in a good amount of hours into the game and find out it was basically all for nothing. Luckily I only paid the $3.
07-10-2012, 02:46 AM
(07-10-2012 02:28 AM)digger-04 Wrote:  It certainly bites to put in a good amount of hours into the game and find out it was basically all for nothing. Luckily I only paid the $3.

Why do you play a game? For entertainment or for the result?

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2012, 02:50 AM
Can someone answer me...? I need to know because if my current league matches aren't going to cout I want to start new placements ASAP -.-
07-10-2012, 03:07 AM
(07-10-2012 02:46 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 02:28 AM)digger-04 Wrote:  It certainly bites to put in a good amount of hours into the game and find out it was basically all for nothing. Luckily I only paid the $3.

Both. I'm a competative person and I play games to be the best/finish or complete. I'm sure you understand that I would like to play a game and attempt to be at the top.
07-10-2012, 03:11 AM
(07-10-2012 03:07 AM)digger-04 Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 02:46 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  

Both. I'm a competative person and I play games to be the best/finish or complete. I'm sure you understand that I would like to play a game and attempt to be at the top.

I can understand that and without a certain motivation to win games would be pointless. But does the error in question diminish the entertainment of the game you've spent time playing? Being annoyed about it doesn't help and even if you didn't get points, you gained experience - and based on what you just said, that's what you want in games. Ranking and points is the visible representation of your skill, but getter better at something doesn't need to be reflected to be true.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2012, 03:14 AM
Ugh... Seriously? Won't someone just answer my question?
07-10-2012, 03:15 AM

(07-10-2012 02:50 AM)Szei Wrote:  Can someone answer me...? I need to know because if my current league matches aren't going to cout I want to start new placements ASAP -.-

Eh, with Alex reassuring there was no other option, and realizing every system (new or not) experiences glitches, I am just going to push foward. Some more detail of how this impacts different scenarios would be interesting to know, but I'll live if it doesn't happen (I would rather have them working on a new army or other enhancements/fixes than spending hours detailing all the impacts that after a week or two won't even matter anymore). No use crying over spilt milk.

If a recurring pattern of resets keep happening over the upcoming months then the game will die because leagues are not trustworthy. But it is much more likely smoother waters are ahead, and this blip won't be remembered.

In short, don't game the ranking systems trying to get into a certain league, just play and have fun. Smile
07-10-2012, 03:21 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 03:22 AM by Szei.)
It's not about gaming the ranking system... It's about knowing the answer to a simple question. I have limited time and dont want to start any unnecessary games pas my 5 needed placement matches but I don't know if my current 3 placements i'm playing will count towards placement. It's not a complaint either. I'm fine with the system being reset... I just want to know if I should start a 2 more league games or if I need 5 (because the 3 I'm playing won't count)
07-10-2012, 03:24 AM
(07-10-2012 03:21 AM)Szei Wrote:  It's not about gaming the ranking system... It's about knowing the answer to a simple question. I have limited time and dont want to start any unnecessary games pas my 5 needed placement matches but I don't know if my current 3 placements i'm playing will count towards placement. It's not a complaint either. I'm fine with the system being reset... I just want to know if I should start a 2 more league games or if I need 5 (because the 3 I'm playing won't count)

I think its working, but will tell you in a few minutes. I have one more placement match to go. It only shows you how many more you have to do when you go to the start new game screen. I have seen a bunch of people assigned to leagues already.