Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reset of leagues
07-09-2012, 11:13 PM
RE: Reset of leagues
(07-09-2012 11:10 PM)Hamhero Wrote:  I was placed in a league shortly after the reset and the. About 15 minuets later I was unranked and had to play an additional five games.

Yeah, there was a second reset shortly after the first. I actually finished the one remaining placement match after the first reset, was shortly placed in Clever League and am now unranked again.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 11:20 PM
(07-09-2012 11:07 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  As far as I understand the system, the 'progress' (if you want to call it that) from your 4 matches isn't lost. Placement matches are there to determine your skill, which is stored in a hidden matchmaking rating (MMR). With every finished game, this MMR approaches your true skill, so in a way, you will be better matched after these 9 placement matches than you would have been after the 5th match you were about to finish.

If your understanding is correct that would be cool, but if your understanding is correct couldn't they just retroactively place everyone in a new league/division based on their historical league play? Still ruffling some feathers by moving people around, but doesn't give the appearance of starting over.

Btw, anyone know how long they keep replays for?

I feel for OML, as soon as I read about the reset I thought uh oh, they are going to upset many and take away credibility from their game. Did Blizzard ever do a reset like this? Kdice? Any other online ranking system? I don't know, but I do hope they did exhaust every possibility beforehand. Assuming they did, I hope this doesn't deter avid fans from playing. It is a great game.
Find all posts by this user
07-10-2012, 12:07 AM
(07-09-2012 10:54 PM)bspooky Wrote:  That doesn't quite seem to be true. I was part way through (4 games in with literally just winning the 4th 30 seconds prior to reading about the reset) and the effect it has on me isn't negligible. I still have to play another 5 games. Granted I wasn't in a league yet, but there is an impact of replaying the games, especially if I do even worse. LOL

I just checked, it says 5 of 5 Placement Matches left now for me. Kindof annoying, since it clearly takes several days just to finish enough games to get ranked.
07-10-2012, 12:51 AM
(07-09-2012 11:20 PM)bspooky Wrote:  I feel for OML, as soon as I read about the reset I thought uh oh, they are going to upset many and take away credibility from their game. Did Blizzard ever do a reset like this? Kdice? Any other online ranking system? I don't know, but I do hope they did exhaust every possibility beforehand. Assuming they did, I hope this doesn't deter avid fans from playing. It is a great game.

I don't think that this was done on purpose, nor that OML deleted all data or something. There's a glitch somewhere but even in the worst case they will likely have a backup to restore some previous state.

I'll refrain from playing currently as well. Just a heads up: if you resign this also doesn't count towards the placement games or points.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-10-2012, 01:10 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 01:14 AM by ArtNJ.)
Well, the matches still count for your hidden skill rating I guess. But yeah, the new matches dont seem to be based on the hidden skill ranking, so I'm playing some bad mismatches at the moment.
07-10-2012, 01:17 AM
(07-10-2012 01:10 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  Well, the matches still count for your hidden skill rating I guess. But yeah, the new matches dont seem to be based on the hidden skill ranking, so I'm playing some bad mismatches at the moment.

I'm again guessing here, but I think during your placement matches, the system gives you weaker ranked opponents as well as higher ranked opponents. Depending on the magnitude of the reset (whether the hidden MMR was reset or not), there may not be enough higher ranked players to test your skill or none at all.

Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
07-10-2012, 01:38 AM
It does in fact affect players that were still in their placement games, as of yesterday afternoon I had 4 of 5 finished, I just finished my 5th and I'm still unranked. Are only new games started after this reset going to count towards the placement? And for whatever reason, when starting a new league game It still tells me I have 3 of 5 placement matches done, even though I've only finished two since the reset
07-10-2012, 01:40 AM
The newspost about the league reset did state
One Man Left Wrote:
  • You must join at least 1 new league match starting now to initiate your placements.

07-10-2012, 02:07 AM
I am a big fan of this game but the two resets are somehow a mess IMO.
For example I had 4 ranked games going and was placed in master leaque when the (first) reset was done. The news clearly stated that you need to finish a single game to get ranked again. I continued my active games and started a single new ranked game but I don't know if I started this before or after the second reset as the devs did not clearly communicate the second reset in the news (the news were obviously changed at some point in time).
So in total I got five ranked games going on right now. Will these be my (second) placement matches now? If so, I'll probably end up on a very low leaque as all games are against good players from (previous) master leaque so probably I will win only max 2-3 out of them. Assumed I lost all of them, would that place me in fluffy leaque - even though all games were against player from (previous) master leaque?

I still don't get why they couldn't re-assign the leaques previously earned by us. No problem with the reset of ladder scores etc. but doing the placement matches again is a pain and my have some other problems that could screw up placement.
07-10-2012, 02:19 AM
So I understand the 2 league games I won do not count towards placement. I have to play 5 more games. BUT what isnt clear is do the games I started but not finished still count? I was playing 3 more league placement matches after winning my first 2 when the reset hit. Will these 3 matches count as placement matches when I finish them?