Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reset of leagues
07-10-2012, 05:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 05:55 AM by Szei.)
RE: Reset of leagues
Yea, I see where you're coming from bspooky. Ultimately we just have different preferences. I'd rather focus on playing friendly games with people I know are good from the forums (which I am doing currently) then playing against worse players who also may stop playing and clog up my games list. The friendly games are not only more exciting because they present an actual challenge, but I also don't have to worry about inactivity since they're active players.

Anyway, to each his own. Have fun in league!

Edit:

Oh and I just wanted to add, no hard feelings towards OML. Sorry if it sounds that way. I understand there is a lot that goes into launching a new game. Even AAA companies encounter tons of problems. OML has done a great job addressing issues as they've come up thus far and I'm confident they will continue to do so. For example my notifications are now working flawlessly =)

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2012, 05:54 AM
(07-10-2012 05:46 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 04:37 AM)yasw Wrote:  With a multiplayer game like this, it is clearly important in getting a good start. And I still think they have generally done that very well. The game feels very well tested with balanced gamemechanics and no gamebreaking bugs. Unlike how for example Empire of the Eclipse started out...

Most of the problems is still down to something that can hardly be tested in any betatest, which is players not finishing their games, thus making it take days to just get started in your league. Playing five games would likely be nothing a few weeks from now where the community is more stable, but now it is frustrating because we are still excited about a totally new game and wanna play it alot and taking days to get yourself in a league is a pain.

Maybe some of the problems could have been anticipated and dealt with having fewer days per turn or maybe not even having to do a first ranking and just let everybody start in the middle league and let it play from there. But that is all just hindsight.

One of the biggest challenges we're facing right now is anticipating how it all works with 10s of thousands of users. This largely stems from not being able to host a large beta stress test (due to limitations of iOS). While we're trying to fix things as quickly as possible, there are some 'unknown unknowns' we're running into that takes a bit more time to analyze, assess, and fix.

We've fixed most of the problems occurring right now involving league games not counting, but there are a few edge cases to about 1% of our users. Any *new* league game for those set of users will work, while the old ones may have some stragglers that refuse to count.

Thanks for your patience!

Im really happy to hear that you have 10s of thousands of users already! For two guys to handle that kind of load and have only some league data issues to deal with I think you guys are frakking amazing!

I have been an HA addict since release but you guys have really blown them away with the quality and polish of this game. I, for one, am more than willing to endure a little early frustration ( And I WAS in masters league, whaaaaa Sad )

Keep up the awesome work guys.
07-10-2012, 07:52 AM
I agree, not sure they meant to announce tens of thousands in a forum post but wow, that is great!!!! I have seen elsewhere some people like HA's more distinct armie pieces (more than just one unit different between the species) but i don't. That leads to balqnce issues and Outwitters way of balance/even is similar to all racers having the same motor to race with, then driving (and at times luck) determines the winner. If we have balanced armies, we have a much better strategy game. Plus the Apple like simplicity helps new users get aquainted.

So kudos to OML for getting this wonderful game going, even if it was with a what will turn out to be minir hiccup

Szei, I completely get the not wanting to get your game list clogged up too and to play friendly games with, er, friends! :-) you are likely better than I am but feel free to start a game (usernames here and there are the same). I won't quit on ya at least. :-)
07-10-2012, 08:11 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 08:14 AM by digger-04.)
Well I just finished my placement matches and I went from ranked 50 in masters to 8th in gifted. Thats fun. I lost one of my placement matches in a 40+ rounder in a game that was already started against the guy who was ranked 20th in master. Awesome. Thanks for the demotion.

EDIT: Someone mentioned that giving up games arent being recorded...I suggest finishing all of your games.