Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrorist attack
04-16-2013, 11:11 AM
Sad Terrorist attack
It is sad that people bombed the Boston marathon a think 3-4 people are dead and lots injured. Why would anyone do this it had no meaning. Mean terrorists!

[Image: sig.png]
2 vs 2 Master League
1 vs 1 GIFTED
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2013, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2013 11:16 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
RE: Terrorist attack
It ironic because North Korea now has nuclear missiles and tragedy strikes on the East Coast first. America has so many enemies its scary
Dif this news spread around the world like with Sandy?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
04-16-2013, 11:16 AM
Also this has pretty much ruined the rep of the Boston marathon so people probably won't do it again next year

2 vs 2 Master League
1 vs 1 GIFTED
04-16-2013, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2013 12:39 PM by GoHeat 3.)
Idk if it has been confirmed terrorists so yeah..
But yeah so sad..Sad

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

04-17-2013, 03:17 AM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2013 03:18 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
When bombs are used to target innocent civilians, it is terrorism, regardless of who is responsible. We don't know who did it yet, but if they weren't terrorists before, they are now.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-17-2013, 04:53 AM
War is one thing. As terrible as it is, both sides know what is at stake. Terrorism is something else entirely and is completely despicable. My aunt runs this marathon every year and I even have a friend whose dad finished 10 minutes before the bomb went off. This is a fun event for people of all ages and backgrounds to participate in and it's sad to see it marred by some lunatic's agenda. If it's Muslim extremists, I get it. The USA is just as bad. Our so called "war on terror" is actually terrorism itself. The number of civilians killed by US soldiers and the people we have contracted is unacceptable. But an eye for an eye killing each others' civilians is just wrong. If it's some form of domestic terrorism on the other hand, what's the excuse? Protesting the government? How is killing everyday people a good way to protest power hungry, abusive politicians? Go after the people who are actually to blame. When you kill innocents you undermine your own agenda because you instantly go from a peaceful, potentially respectable, activist, to a radical extremist who no one will sympathize with.

Okay, enough of the rant. I know no one here is to blame but it just makes me depressed to read about things like this...
04-17-2013, 04:55 AM
It could make some people wonder, is there something more than this world?

GC: TheGreatAnt
04-17-2013, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2013 06:24 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
(04-17-2013 04:53 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  War is one thing. As terrible as it is, both sides know what is at stake. Terrorism is something else entirely and is completely despicable. My aunt runs this marathon every year and I even have a friend whose dad finished 10 minutes before the bomb went off. This is a fun event for people of all ages and backgrounds to participate in and it's sad to see it marred by some lunatic's agenda. If it's Muslim extremists, I get it. The USA is just as bad. Our so called "war on terror" is actually terrorism itself. The number of civilians killed by US soldiers and the people we have contracted is unacceptable. But an eye for an eye killing each others' civilians is just wrong. If it's some form of domestic terrorism on the other hand, what's the excuse? Protesting the government? How is killing everyday people a good way to protest power hungry, abusive politicians? Go after the people who are actually to blame. When you kill innocents you undermine your own agenda because you instantly go from a peaceful, potentially respectable, activist, to a radical extremist who no one will sympathize with.

Okay, enough of the rant. I know no one here is to blame but it just makes me depressed to read about things like this...

Were not terrorizing anybody. Civilians die because they are in the war zone. And explosives can't decide kill only bad and leave the good alive. Its not like soldiers go up to each person checking if they are a civilian or a soldier. Its not like US soldiers can't miss. And civilians could aid in the killing too. And sitting around pretending that being peaceful will help. Its war. The US went to war in Vietnam to stop the spread of communism. Things don't just stop unless something takes action against it. Even if the US quits fighting, what will make the other countries stop? Vietnam didn't. Now they are communist and its because the hippies got in the way. US shouldn't just stop and pretend that the whole world will become peaceful if we do. we can't ignore all the fighting and tensions between counties. if it gets out of hand it is our fault. imagine what would happen if we let all the dangerous countries make nuclear weapons because we weren't paying attention and we couldn't end their research and that country launched to the US and all the other United Nations countries and all the countries around it so they can dominate the world. we could've stopped them before but be chose to make believe that they will stop beecause we are doing nothing and now those dangerous countries killed off millions and millions and millions of innocent people and wildlife and those dangerous countries dominate half the world in dictatorship. its not a happy ending.

Im not saying civilians should die. Im saying its not avoidable.

04-17-2013, 06:43 AM
Oh gosh, this thread sure turned in a different direction rather quickly, didn't it?

Even if civilian deaths are unavoidable in the midst of military conflicts, it behooves us to find ways to minimize it as much as possible. The fact is, very few of us really know the extent to which the US military has attempted to do this. Finding information and verifying it as accurate is not an easy thing.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Whats your country?