Temporary bans 19.12% 13 19.12%
Total 68 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Vulgar language
07-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Vulgar language
I think there is a need to "vote down people" for vulgar language(coarse).
I think we should "name and shame" them, on a list of users to have their chat disabled. I think it would be inappropriate to post screen shots, but email them to the developers. These people taint the game, and in our responce, take time the devs can spend on improvements.

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 04:02 PM
RE: Vulgar language
Why not have a chat filter option? Or just an option to block that player preventing you from being matched up with them again?
07-09-2012, 05:05 PM
The block player option seems great, but filters can be cheated with bad spelling.

07-09-2012, 05:17 PM
How about add a "mute" feature. That way you could continue playing without having to read anything they type. Also an ignore feature, or block: to prevent future encounters
07-09-2012, 05:38 PM
I feel the need to ask you, brayton: did you encounter vulgar language or are you just bringing this topic up preemptively?

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2012, 08:20 PM
I encountered, a player(not me) had been away for a day(or close to) and "Antwon Fluff" had went crazy. I will PM you the screenshot, but it wont serve much of a perpose. I mean at a low level its fine, but to this extent. Its not a big thing really, and people may think low of me.
But really what are the chances he'll do it again.

07-09-2012, 08:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 08:33 PM by Eijolend.)
I think a mute button would be the easiest and most efficient implementation so everyone can decide for their own.

I agree that extreme abuse should be punished somehow, but it's a complicated decision for the ones responsible where to draw the line and is generally complicated thing to keep track of in online games.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
07-09-2012, 08:39 PM
I think there should be a filter, but then someone brought up the bad spelling issue and I thought otherwise.

But honestly, it depends what the profanity was. If he was directly cussing at someone I think he/she should get punished, but if he said something like, "****, I built the wrong unit" it would be okay with me.
07-10-2012, 05:25 AM
You could just not read comments in games with them, right?
07-10-2012, 05:31 AM
Filters can always be worked around. (i.e. F_Ll_C_K Y_O_U) It's easy. Mute/Ignore is probably the best idea.