Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
A Note On Delaying Losses
07-09-2012, 11:29 PM
RE: A Note On Delaying Losses
(07-09-2012 10:51 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  The problem is, that you cannot forfeit a game if it is not your turn. In my case, there are 11 league games with last activity more than a day ago - and the other 9 games are more than 2 hours ago with one exception. Maybe I'm unlucky and got matched with people on the other side of the globe, who knows?

Wow, give up is there, you can click on it and even have to say you are sure you want to count this a s a loss, but you are right. After tapping to do so it comes back and says it is not your turn.

From a UI standpoint it either needs to let you, or the option when it is not your turn be removed entirely since it really isn't an option. But I hope they just fix it so you can. Or swipe delete in the game list.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 11:37 PM
Maybe we could get an increased game limit also? Maybe.... I dunno, 50?
07-10-2012, 12:24 AM
(07-09-2012 03:29 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  15 of my 1v1 opponents are currently missing in action. I only have 5 slots for proper games! I doubt those opponents are active on forums so I highly recommend you put this news into the Witters Digest Smile

Alex just posted this on the Witters Digest, so yeah ... maybe something will happen.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2012, 01:59 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 02:13 AM by Szei.)
This means delaying losses is detrimental once you have placed, BUT it doesn't address the fact that you can delay losses when in the process of placing to go 5-0 in placement matches. Yes the losses will hurt later but your initial placement mmr will put you in a higher league in the first place. I'd rather go 5-0 and get say masters and then lose my first 2 masters game than go 3-2 and place like clever and then win my first 2 clever games. Though ultimately if you don't belong in your placed league you'll get demoted eventually anyway.
07-10-2012, 02:19 AM
This really needs to be a 24 hour turn time limit, if someone doesn't return a move within 24 hours then they forfeit the game.

Otherwise like some of the rest of you genuine players your stuck with 15 odd players who just won't take their turn.

Being able to only play 5 of your 20 slots completely ruins the app.

I've even had a message from one player saying they weren't going to play their move just before I was going to win.
07-10-2012, 03:00 AM
(07-10-2012 02:19 AM)hmspilky Wrote:  This really needs to be a 24 hour turn time limit, if someone doesn't return a move within 24 hours then they forfeit the game. ...

Being able to only play 5 of your 20 slots completely ruins the app. ...

though I agree being able to have more than 20'games would help solve some issues, I disagree on the 24 hours. That may fit into your schedule, but what if I deploy for 48 hours at a time? Some games take a few days to play even with both parties moving. So let's say there is a decent chance at 3-4 day games. That means I can't start any games 3-4 days prior to deploying for 2 days, so I would be limited to only starting games 1-2 days a week, right after deploying.

I realize my schedule isn't your problem, but OML has to have rules in place that meets most people's expectation. 7 days may seem excessively long, but 24 hours I bet would be excessively short for a lot of people.

Maybe have league games that generate with three possible choices (24hrs, 72 hours, 1 week) for time limits and people can pick which limit in league they want to play with as one of the options (along with which species you are playing), but you don't want to overload an interface and make it too complicated with lots of choices either.
07-10-2012, 03:18 AM
Hey, I have a suggestion and I actually think it is a really good one Smile
For friendly games, an automatic time out loss should occur in 3 days (not 7) and for league/ranked games, it should be 5 (or 7?).
Thoughts anyone, positive or negative?
I hope the developers read this somehow.
Btw, amazing game, can't put it down! Already bought the uber pack too Smile
07-10-2012, 04:09 AM
7 days is definitely too long! i have only one open slot, so i have to wait 6 further days to play...

perhaps you can change maximum delay to 3 or 4 days and for paid user yoe reach maximum slot to 40?
07-10-2012, 04:17 AM
Paid user extra slots is a really good idea.
07-10-2012, 06:10 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 06:16 AM by hmspilky.)
I wasn't referring to a 24 hour game limit, but a 24 hour move limit. With the seven days, I could be thoughtless to the community, start a game and then go on holiday for a week leaving all my opponents waiting for me to return a move.

If I started a game and did that by mistake then the auto forfeit of the game after, let's say 48/72 hours kicks you and your opponent gets the win.

I do now agree after hearing your point of view that 24 hours is a little short, but 3 days seems just about right.

7 days is killing the game for me quite a bit, because now its become an occasional pick up and play rather than having a good session. About 2 thirds of my opponents are now on 3 days.

I have about 6 games I can play regular ish.
Paid slots is a good idea actually, this would pay for extra server space, and serious players would be able to filter out the time wasters.

Don't forget this post was about people who were tactically delaying playing because they were about to lose.

Some of our games would be from the odd few who tried the game and didn't like it on release. So maybe after Thursday, this won't be too much of an issue.