Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
A Note On Delaying Losses
07-14-2012, 06:18 AM
Always having to add a game due to turn wait time
I understand that inactive players will be deleted after 4 days, which is great, but one of my concerns is that I currently have to have like 20 games going to play on a semi regular basis. I read that a game limit will be going not effect soon and hopefully this will address this issue and force people to play or resign. As it is I could have like 15 games going with no activity for 6 hours nd I have to add a new one just to play, and hope that person is responsive.

I wonder if it's possible to keep track of response times and match players that respond quicker, or at least have this as an option to join a game with quick responses under friendly games. Maybe let players chose if they want a time limit on turns for friendly games.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2012, 10:55 AM
RE: Always having to add a game due to turn wait time
(07-14-2012 07:40 AM)mkaen Wrote:  
(07-14-2012 06:18 AM)Mizywill Wrote:  As it is I could have like 15 games going with no activity for 6 hours nd I have to add a new one just to play, and hope that person is responsive.

I really don't understand this. I have only a handful of games (5-8) going at a time and it keeps me plenty busy. I mean I believe you, but I just haven't seen anything resembling the problem you describe. Now that the duds were cleaned out from day 1 of launch, I've mostly been finding responsive

Not for me. The duds I've been playing just manage to sneak a turn in every 1-3 days or so. Hence, they're not affected by the 4 day inactivity limit, but still manage to make a game maddeningly slow.
07-14-2012, 11:02 AM
RE: A Note On Delaying Losses
I understand what your saying about not segregating the match pool and agree which is why I added the other bit about an option to limit timing on responses for friendly games where people cn house ith or without the time limit.

As for my current games, and I just cleared a few old ones, I have 12 active, 9 of which are over 6 hours now and 6 of those are over 1 day. 3 of the over 1 dys are indeed friendly games. As for the 2v2, I have a few of those and in one of them my randomly selected partner is also upset at the delayed response time. So even if I'm on board with my partner we still have to wait for the other guys.

Maybe I just got bad luck here.
07-14-2012, 11:09 AM
Only 3 are friendly, the other nine are league.
10-19-2012, 11:33 AM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2012 11:43 AM by joelduque.)
Just a suggestion: Make the current time out less than the current 4 days for league games. Keep or increase for friendly games. And please be strict about time outs. I should have won many games since there were a handful of games where my opponent did not make a turn for 5 days! I like to win. Thanks.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
10-19-2012, 12:08 PM
(10-19-2012 11:33 AM)joelduque Wrote:  Just a suggestion: Make the current time out less than the current 4 days for league games. Keep or increase for friendly games. And please be strict about time outs. I should have won many games since there were a handful of games where my opponent did not make a turn for 5 days! I like to win. Thanks.

I feel your pain