Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OML banking on TTL rather than Outwitters???
04-17-2013, 02:58 AM
RE: OML banking on TTL rather than Outwitters???
I agree and disagree with all of you.

I want more Outwitters content, but to me it makes little difference in terms of gameplay whether it's in the current game or in a new one. A new one would make more financial sense, so I favor that.

On the other hand, I totally understand what you're saying about not wanting a Chess 2. Outwitters has at its core a set of gameplay mechanics that have been developed and tweaked to get them as good as possible. This set of mechanics constitute an abstract system of rules that make up the game of Outwitters, similar to the rules that make up the game of Chess. We don't need a new product to continue the development of this set of rules.

So then... we have the Chessmaster series, which goes to eleven now. What does each Chessmaster game have to offer that previous games didn't have?
  • Support for current video cards to allow for increasingly high-res 3D graphics. Not something Outwitters really needs, in my opinion.
  • New tutorials and learning modes. Could this be something Outwitters might benefit from? Seems to me the forums handle this rather well already.
  • Better AI? Not sure if they bother to update the AI any longer, but again this is not something that Outwitters could reasonably have given the massive resources necessary to produce it (if it's even computationally possible).

So what would you put in Outwitters 2 that you couldn't just add to Outwitters? I get your point, or I think I do, anyway.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OML banking on TTL rather than Outwitters??? - TheGreatErenan - 04-17-2013 02:58 AM