Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being nice to player's who won't move
07-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Being nice to player's who won't move
I also feel that the 7 day send-off is a bit of a long wait, but I can sympathize with people who may be away for legitimate reasons.
This is just a thought that occurred to me whilst reading the forum.
A shorter wait time would be great, and an inclusion of a "mercy" button which would allow the waiting player to either take the victory, or give the opponent some more time.
I can guess that most people would just take the victory, but I think this would be quite fair for "nicer" players.

What do you guys think?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 02:27 PM
RE: Being nice to player's who won't move
There already is a button that is like mercy, it's called surrender. But I like the shorter wait time idea.
07-09-2012, 02:32 PM
(07-09-2012 02:27 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  There already is a button that is like mercy, it's called surrender. But I like the shorter wait time idea.

The surrender button causes you to lose, I meant as a mercy for the other player.
For example, say their time (7 days at present) is up, you as the default winner get to choose to extend the time the opponent has to "fight back" or save themselves, or not.
07-09-2012, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 02:36 PM by metalsquid.)
Maybe what would help is a way to let opponents know how long you'll be away for? I've always thought about using the chat to ask a new opponent if he'll be sitting there to respond for the next 10-15 mins coz I like to finish my games in semi-real-time, definitely within the same day (I have ranks to climb, dang it!)

So, perhaps a way in the chat tab to specify you're around for the next few minutes, or afk for a few hours/days? Then players can make new games accordingly.

If a player doesn't set the afk notification, when they come back the game could alert them that they should let the other player know if they'll be away and that the next time they don't, and they go afk for a pre-determined amount of time, then they forfeit the game so the other player can get on with life. In short, be polite or lose ranks. It's only fair because while you're away the other person is also losing ranks sitting there and can't do anything about it while you afk.
07-09-2012, 02:40 PM
(07-09-2012 02:32 PM)YuPanger Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 02:27 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  There already is a button that is like mercy, it's called surrender. But I like the shorter wait time idea.

The surrender button causes you to lose, I meant as a mercy for the other player.
For example, say their time (7 days at present) is up, you as the default winner get to choose to extend the time the opponent has to "fight back" or save themselves, or not.

Mm, actually this is a good idea with a shorter period of time. 3 days would be awesome and now, if you were in a friendly game with someone you know who's on holiday or w/e can now continue playing while not taking the spanking from afk players.