Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Post feature requests here :) (no teams or content pack ideas plz)
05-31-2013, 08:38 AM
RE: Post feature requests here :) (no teams or content pack ideas plz)
No not hours of rules, games can have interactive tutorials like in ScribbleNauts or Mario Party DS or they give you a gigantic paragraph to read and learn. I don't have any examples for that because i don't play those kind of games because im not reading all that

Outwitters has a tutorial but it doesn't explain much. But the help is fine because its colorful and not to so confusing

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2013, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2013 12:23 PM by Sightreader.)
True. I don't know how massive an undertaking designing an interactive tutorial would be. As a stopgap, simply suggesting that newbies use the Pass and Play would be enough. Maybe they can give noobs access to all the races for just that mode...?
05-31-2013, 01:14 PM
There would be demos for all the specials in the tutorial

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
06-01-2013, 01:08 PM
Here's another feature request: be able to see sighting ranges during replays. You'd learn so much more because so much of the strategy involves not being seen. Only darken hexes out of range, of course, as darkened pieces are already taken to mean exhausted units.
06-01-2013, 01:10 PM
(05-31-2013 12:22 PM)Sightreader Wrote:  True. I don't know how massive an undertaking designing an interactive tutorial would be. As a stopgap, simply suggesting that newbies use the Pass and Play would be enough. Maybe they can give noobs access to all the races for just that mode...?

why would you need access to all races in Pass n Play if you can't use them in online play? It makes more sense to just let people buy teams and then experiment with them in Pass n' Play after IMO. Besides, how would OML make money, on a game that's already hemorrhaging money, without making you buy teams to experiment with them?

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
06-01-2013, 01:15 PM
(06-01-2013 01:10 PM)ElPared Wrote:  
(05-31-2013 12:22 PM)Sightreader Wrote:  True. I don't know how massive an undertaking designing an interactive tutorial would be. As a stopgap, simply suggesting that newbies use the Pass and Play would be enough. Maybe they can give noobs access to all the races for just that mode...?

why would you need access to all races in Pass n Play if you can't use them in online play? It makes more sense to just let people buy teams and then experiment with them in Pass n' Play after IMO. Besides, how would OML make money, on a game that's already hemorrhaging money, without making you buy teams to experiment with them?

This allows newbs to understand the special mechanics of each race.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
06-01-2013, 01:29 PM
I understand that, Doodat, but why would noobs who only have access to Scallywags need to try out any other team?

I could see doing it if there were an interactive tutorial, but I don't think it makes sense for Pass n' Play in general

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
06-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Well, the whole point of this is to make those people learn. I don't see why passnplay shouldn't contain all the races, it's only passnplay and only really used for testing purposes.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
06-01-2013, 03:56 PM
That's true that it's *used* for testing purposes, but it's *intended* to be used so you can play friends in person.

anyways, you're probably right, it could have all teams enabled. I could see it being confusing when new players leave Pass n Play and try to play Feedback online or something though

06-01-2013, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 06:03 PM by Sightreader.)
(06-01-2013 01:29 PM)ElPared Wrote:  I understand that, Doodat, but why would noobs who only have access to Scallywags need to try out any other team?

It's true that newbies cannot play other races, but they will certainly find themselves playing against other races. Not having any access to an enemy race beyond the one-sentence descriptions is a decided disadvantage if, for instance, a newbie was silly enough to think an enemy Moby can't grab a unit that has already moved.