Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Post feature requests here :) (no teams or content pack ideas plz)
04-17-2013, 01:15 PM
RE: Post feature requests here :) (no teams or content pack ideas plz)
So a local game option?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2013, 02:03 PM
(04-17-2013 01:15 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  So a local game option?

if this is a response to me, then no. Not really what I meant. Mostly just active players being more likely to be partnered with active players.
04-18-2013, 01:24 PM
I read OP's post, and most of it was great. Except one thing stood out to me: brambles crossing gaps. It's one of the few good things it can actually do, and seeing as bramble is weak enough, why would you take it away?

Also, something GoldenGriffin mentioned: All daughter thorns get highlighted when a thorn is selected. Might make a bit more lag, but considering you grew the thorns, you have a right to know Big Grin

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
04-18-2013, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2013 03:10 PM by ElPared.)
(04-18-2013 01:24 PM)daHsu Wrote:  I read OP's post, and most of it was great. Except one thing stood out to me: brambles crossing gaps. It's one of the few good things it can actually do, and seeing as bramble is weak enough, why would you take it away?

I'm glad you like my suggestions Smile

but as for thorns, let's look at it this way:

Can units jump over gaps? No, they can't. So if regular units can't jump over gaps, then why should thorns be able to? For that matter, if thorns can cross obstacles, then why limit it to gaps? Why not let them grow thorns through solid obstacles too?

My point is that gaps are obstacles, just like rocks or bushes or upside-down cupcake things. Thorns should be able to cross all of them or none of them, and since crossing all of them is too OP, then it should be none of them.

besides it makes it almost impossible to protect against Thorns on Thorn Gulley and Glitch.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
04-18-2013, 03:15 PM
(04-18-2013 03:09 PM)ElPared Wrote:  My point is that gaps are obstacles, just like rocks or bushes or upside-down cupcake things. Thorns should be able to cross all of them or none of them, and since crossing all of them is too OP, then it should be none of them.

Then snipers and bombshell shouldn't be able to shoot over gaps, if it is just "an obstacle."

Yes, hey are both obstacles, but they act in different ways.
The rock/candy/wood block cannot be jumped over or seen over by any unit.
The empty hexes, can be seen over, and shot over by sniper and bombshell, it only makes sense for Bramble, which shoots roots two hexes away, to be able to "shoot" over empty hexes too.

GC: TheGreatAnt
04-18-2013, 06:22 PM
(04-18-2013 03:15 PM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  
(04-18-2013 03:09 PM)ElPared Wrote:  My point is that gaps are obstacles, just like rocks or bushes or upside-down cupcake things. Thorns should be able to cross all of them or none of them, and since crossing all of them is too OP, then it should be none of them.

Then snipers and bombshell shouldn't be able to shoot over gaps, if it is just "an obstacle."

Yes, hey are both obstacles, but they act in different ways.
The rock/candy/wood block cannot be jumped over or seen over by any unit.
The empty hexes, can be seen over, and shot over by sniper and bombshell, it only makes sense for Bramble, which shoots roots two hexes away, to be able to "shoot" over empty hexes too.

Fine, I get the vision thing. I've always thought of Thorns as moving rather than as a projectile. And when I think about Thorns as a projectile it just doesn't make any damn sense, but then again neither does a narwhal that can teleport things.

I'm still anti thorns crossing gaps. Plants grow in the ground, they should need ground to grow on or through. Also it's not intuitively obvious that the Thorns can do that, especially since past versions of the Bramble couldn't. And again it makes it really hard to defend against thorn spamming on Thorn Gulley and Glitch.

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
04-19-2013, 02:16 AM
Well this debate has been done over and is steering away from the original idea. I will just leave it at that.

GC: TheGreatAnt
04-19-2013, 08:26 AM
Support for more characters so i can actually read the symbols in some player's GCIDs.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
04-24-2013, 03:13 AM
I think it would be really interesting if you couldn't see your opponent's health badges. It would make for a more cautious game!

"The only Christian work is good work, well done." Dorothy Sayers
04-24-2013, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2013 12:22 PM by ElPared.)
(04-24-2013 03:13 AM)Kipsie Wrote:  I think it would be really interesting if you couldn't see your opponent's health badges. It would make for a more cautious game!

that would be a fun alternate game mode, but I think it would change core gameplay a lot for the main game mode. Actually it would make a cool Special unit for a new team too. Like a guy where in his Area of Effect you can't see health badges.

at did make me remember I thought it would be cool if you could see everyone's wits and Fog of War during post-game replays like on OSN.