Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Block spawner and kill all guys = win?
07-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Block spawner and kill all guys = win?
Hey,

I was just playing a game... his base had 1 HP left, mine had 5 HP left. He did kill my last guy and had a guy camped on my spawner... does that mean he auto wins?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 12:50 PM by Dawizerd.)
RE: Block spawner and kill all guys = win?
(07-09-2012 12:47 PM)viriik Wrote:  Hey,

I was just playing a game... his base had 1 HP left, mine had 5 HP left. He did kill my last guy and had a guy camped on my spawner... does that mean he auto wins?

Yep, this and other helpful info can be found in the "Tips for new players" thread, check it out if you have a chance!
07-09-2012, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 03:06 PM by whoTookYoste?!.)
Even if this wasn't an auto win. You'd have to sit there and skip your turns until the other player destroyed your base or you forfeited.
08-05-2012, 06:38 AM
Wasn't sure where to post this. When the spawn is covered and no attacking opponents are left, the game should automatically end. It doesn't end until your opponent ends it or takes a turn. So if your opponent is a jerk, they can let the 4 day timer run out. I'd love to see the game force victory at that point.
08-05-2012, 07:16 AM
(08-05-2012 06:38 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  Wasn't sure where to post this. When the spawn is covered and no attacking opponents are left, the game should automatically end. It doesn't end until your opponent ends it or takes a turn. So if your opponent is a jerk, they can let the 4 day timer run out. I'd love to see the game force victory at that point.

By that you mean that you cover your opponents Spawn Space(s) and the only units he has left are Mobis or Medics?
It's true that your opponent could let the 4 day timer run its course, but he'd cut himself as bad as he's cutting you by wasting one of his 20 game slots for a game he's lost no matter what.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-07-2012, 01:54 AM
(08-05-2012 06:38 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  Wasn't sure where to post this. When the spawn is covered and no attacking opponents are left, the game should automatically end. It doesn't end until your opponent ends it or takes a turn. So if your opponent is a jerk, they can let the 4 day timer run out. I'd love to see the game force victory at that point.

It does. I have won about a quarter of my matches this way and the game ends immediately when I either eliminate his last unit or step on the spawn.
08-07-2012, 03:02 AM
The scenario I believe worldfamous is talking about is when there's still a non-attacking unit left, like a medic. The game doesn't end when the spawn is blocked because there's still another unit in existence, even though there's nothing the unit can do to free up the spawn.
08-07-2012, 04:30 AM
With the medic he could still get a tie. If on eg sharkfood pl1 blocks the enemies spawn with his last unit a runner and pl2 could also block the spawn of pl1 with his last unit, a medic. Ok i know quite unrealistic but with autowin pl1 would win without it would be something like a tie. So it makes a difference. Just wanted to have mentioned my super realistic scenario...
08-07-2012, 04:52 AM
(08-07-2012 04:30 AM)Meph1ston Wrote:  With the medic he could still get a tie. If on eg sharkfood pl1 blocks the enemies spawn with his last unit a runner and pl2 could also block the spawn of pl1 with his last unit, a medic. Ok i know quite unrealistic but with autowin pl1 would win without it would be something like a tie. So it makes a difference. Just wanted to have mentioned my super realistic scenario...
interesting, hadn't thought of that. A good argument for having spawns adjacent to bases, I guess.