Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Giving up so soon?
03-30-2013, 09:40 AM
Giving up so soon?
Not really a big fan of Adam/Alex giving up on outwitters after less than a year. I understand the financials but to say that you will not be releasing any new content is a little harsh, especially after how awful the veggies team has been. I would have liked at least one additional playable team. I would like to see them continue to improve upon outwitters, even as a side project.

I don't think that the announcement made today will be good for the game. I think it will discourage new players from joining...even rats desert a sinking ship.

With that being said anyone have any other good iOS games I could play? I heard hero academy is good...

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2013, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2013 09:44 AM by CombatEX.)
RE: Giving up so soon?
I'm glad there will be no more teams. Also, this is the Outwitters forum. Go ask about other games in the Poppycock forum.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
03-30-2013, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2013 10:25 AM by connor34911.)
(03-30-2013 09:43 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  I'm glad there will be no more teams. Also, this is the Outwitters forum. Go ask about other games in the Poppycock forum.

I know you've had that opinion for a while but I think you are in the minority. Veggies didnt work out but that doesn't mean another team wouldn't. Also teams are never going to be 100 percent balanced.

Not going to create a whole different thread in a different forum to ask about new games when it's pertinent to this thread, and to outwitters. Wouldn't be surprised if the game failed pretty quick without dev support. Just want to know what similar games I should look into.
Also, I understand your point on league. Don't want to mess it up again like bramble did. However, these teams could be released for friendly games and tournaments. People would post about then on the forums and I think we'd know if they were balanced pretty quickly. There also wouldn't be an urgent need to fix them if they weren't in league.

As a new player I'd think twice about investing time and money into a game where the debs have one foot out the door.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
03-30-2013, 10:44 AM
(03-30-2013 09:43 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  I'm glad there will be no more teams.

I agree. The simplistic, yet well thought out, nature of this game is what makes me love it so much. More teams would ruin that. Hell, I think adding the Veggies ruined that, to an extent; three teams was the perfect balance.

And Connor, they didn't say they will not support Outwitters, just that they wouldn't develop new content. There's a difference.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
03-30-2013, 11:07 AM
A 1v1v1 game mode might've been fun.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-30-2013, 01:13 PM
They need to make money somehow. I imagine the income from Outwitters has declined since its release last July. I think they need to move on to a new project due to financial realities.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
03-30-2013, 01:18 PM
I still think they should end the 2013 sale and add more bases. Or you can buy more than 35 game slots for $1.99 each. Capped at 60. Idk why anyone would need that much but if someone is willing to buy then its a win-win.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-30-2013, 01:26 PM
(03-30-2013 01:18 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  I still think they should end the 2013 sale and add more bases. Or you can buy more than 35 game slots for $1.99 each. Capped at 60. Idk why anyone would need that much but if someone is willing to buy then its a win-win.

I remember a while back something about them having to pay for each game or something. Probably to the fact of having room on the servers. I am a little vague on the details, so I may be wrong. But this would really only work if the number of revenue excelled the amount it took to upgrade servers and get more if needed.

GC: TheGreatAnt
03-30-2013, 01:38 PM
I'm sad too but I understand :/

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better
03-30-2013, 01:42 PM
(03-30-2013 10:44 AM).Memories. Wrote:  I agree. The simplistic, yet well thought out, nature of this game is what makes me love it so much. More teams would ruin that. Hell, I think adding the Veggies ruined that, to an extent; three teams was the perfect balance.

Yet, this could probably also be the reason why some people get tired easily of the game. It's because the same thing happens repeatedly (not enough variety).

More teams and/or more game modes could possibly change that.