Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep teams and maps coming!!
03-30-2013, 07:19 AM
Keep teams and maps coming!!
In all seriousness OML you can't post these "leftover" teams and not expect us to flip out and be extremely extremely sad!! Please please PLEASE keep teams coming! This game is freaking awesome.

Here is what you can do:

Make new teams, no longer under the Uber Map Pack and charge $1.99 for each one. That way ya'll will make money and we will be happy. And we will understand!!

Thanks for an awesome game and please keep making it awesome!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2013, 02:40 PM
RE: Keep teams and maps coming!!
(03-30-2013 07:19 AM)G_Spell Wrote:  In all seriousness OML you can't post these "leftover" teams and not expect us to flip out and be extremely extremely sad!! Please please PLEASE keep teams coming! This game is freaking awesome.

Here is what you can do:

Make new teams, no longer under the Uber Map Pack and charge $1.99 for each one. That way ya'll will make money and we will be happy. And we will understand!!

Thanks for an awesome game and please keep making it awesome!

*Most people will understand. Quite a few will feel extremely ripped off. But those aren't the real fan base, right? XD.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
03-30-2013, 03:40 PM
The one and only reason this app is a failure is due to the fact that its free to download. Make it $10 already!
03-30-2013, 03:45 PM
(03-30-2013 03:40 PM)TheBitPilot Wrote:  The one and only reason this app is a failure is due to the fact that its free to download. Make it $10 already!

I would not have spent $10 on this the first time knowing nothing about the game. Now that I know it's amazing, I would spend a large amount, but people not knowing that might not risk the $10. That being said, once people do see how awesome it is, they are willing to buy the uber pack and other IAP, which I think is the way to go.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
03-30-2013, 04:04 PM
$10 seems to have worked for Carcassone. Obviously that game has a loyal following, but I was willing to drop 10 on it without having ever heard of the game purely based on the glowing reviews. I think it would have worked. I've tried to tell so many friends to download outwitters and most of them don't bother. On christmas I would have gifted it to all my closest friends and family, but unfortunately that isn't an option with free to play games.
03-30-2013, 04:07 PM
Why don't your friends download it after you tell them how great it is?

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
03-30-2013, 05:06 PM
I think I need to put a little more emphasis on just how great it is Tongue. I always say its my favorite iOS game, but should probably start saying that it's one of my all time favorite games because it is definitely in the top 5.
03-30-2013, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2013 07:07 PM by ElPared.)
the problem with Outwitters isn't that it's free, its that the team you get for free is really good. If they'd given you Feedback, or even Veggienauts, for free instead of Scallywags I think more people would pay for it.

of course they could just do what so many other games do and have a "remove ads" option that unlocks everything (except bases and stuff) and make that like $6. Aynways, I don't see a problem with the "freemium" model. You get to try the game for free, if you like it, you pay to unlock the whole thing. I don't see what's wrong with that. Shareware software has been the same way for 15 years and I've never heard anyone complain about it.

But I would never have payed $10 for this game because a lot of the best games on the AppStore cost $6 or less, and Outwitters is about on par with most of those in terms of graphics and gameplay.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
04-02-2013, 03:30 PM
No need to get rid of uber pack or charge for the game. I'd make friendlies free but charge a $1 a month to play league games. Let people get hooked, wonder how good they really are and then shell out a buck a month to prove it.

I like big BUTs and I cannot lie...
04-02-2013, 03:39 PM
(03-30-2013 07:06 PM)ElPared Wrote:  the problem with Outwitters isn't that it's free, its that the team you get for free is really good. If they'd given you Feedback, or even Veggienauts, for free instead of Scallywags I think more people would pay for it.

of course they could just do what so many other games do and have a "remove ads" option that unlocks everything (except bases and stuff) and make that like $6. Aynways, I don't see a problem with the "freemium" model. You get to try the game for free, if you like it, you pay to unlock the whole thing. I don't see what's wrong with that. Shareware software has been the same way for 15 years and I've never heard anyone complain about it.

But I would never have payed $10 for this game because a lot of the best games on the AppStore cost $6 or less, and Outwitters is about on par with most of those in terms of graphics and gameplay.

I couldn't agree more to what you wrote! The people buying the Über-pack are not the problem it is that you get the fullgame with a strong team for free without ads. The free version should have ads supporting it.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.