Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
post your Special Unit balancing ideas here
04-02-2013, 05:08 AM
RE: post your Special Unit balancing ideas here
(04-02-2013 02:42 AM)Ser Purple Wolf Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YsKCVAww

People like this make me want to quit this game. It's even fun anymore. I have another VvB and he has 4 bombshells! I did blunder when I attacked him and now I'm totally screwed.

this is pretty much what I'm talking about. Once someone has a Bombshell and some soldiers in front of it it's nearly impossible to kill one, much less three or four, without sacrificing like 5 soldiers per bombshell to do it. it costs 9-10 wits to make and deploy a bombshell, but once you do it costs your opponent significantly more than that to get rid of it. Compared to Mobi or even Bramble, that's a hell of a lot.

mostly I think it's unfair that it can shoot from 4 spaces away...

here's an idea: Bombshell is the same as it is now, but if it can't see something it can't splash it (so it won't get a little icon that shows there's something it can hit with splash damage in the FOW).

At least that way you could try to sneak up on it. It's already powerful just by being able to effectively shoot 4 spaces, but it can also "see" 4 spaces too, which is insane IMO

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2013, 08:53 AM
If someone gets two bombshells out, I usually concede, because I can't kill them. The only strat I had for actually killing bombshells was with the powerful brambles. My current Mobi strat is not to let them get bombshells to begin with. Bombshells on small maps sucks so bad.
04-02-2013, 01:48 PM
(04-02-2013 02:42 AM)Ser Purple Wolf Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YsKCVAww

People like this make me want to quit this game. It's even fun anymore. I have another VvB and he has 4 bombshells! I did blunder when I attacked him and now I'm totally screwed.

bramble currently, yea, thats a problem. i coulda done it with last version of bramble. but right now hes worthless. cant use him for offense or defense.
04-03-2013, 02:14 PM
just thought of a Bombshell nerf that might work:

same as he is now, except for 2 changes: You only get +1 wit for killing things directly (so splash doesn't give you +1) and it has a *minimum* range of 2.

the minimum range means it can't shoot anything point blank, only things 2 or 3 spaces away. Splash damage would still be able to hit things 1 or 4 spaces away, but again, it would only be for 1 damage. This wouldn't change it that much from how it's played already, but it would make it harder to defend it when a unit can get right up in its grill. Also, since the BS can't shoot things where its vision is blocked, it would have a hard time defending against units that can simultaneously get into melee range of it and block its vision of anywhere where it would be able to splash them

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
04-03-2013, 03:31 PM
I think it would be interesting to see mobis be allowed to move units AFTER being teleported instead of before. It seems more of a mobi thing and would stop the attack withdraw technique

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better
04-03-2013, 04:44 PM
(04-03-2013 03:31 PM)bobolynx Wrote:  I think it would be interesting to see mobis be allowed to move units AFTER being teleported instead of before. It seems more of a mobi thing and would stop the attack withdraw technique

so you can teleport and then move instead of moving and then teleporting? That sounds kinda OP to me, but it'd be interesting to test it out

04-03-2013, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2013 05:04 PM by bobolynx.)
Well it would be op on reaper prolly, but idk about elsewhere
And it would make it useable on smaller maps hopefully

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better