Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noob with a question
03-27-2013, 02:13 PM
Noob with a question
Hi all. I have a question about visibility. I moved a unit adjacent to an enemy base but didn't attack. I know that none of his units can see my unit. Can he see the unit because it's next to his base? Is there anything else about visibility that is currently hidden from me? Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2013, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2013 02:29 PM by .Memories..)
RE: Noob with a question
He will only see your unit if you attack the base or if he moves one of his units enough to see it. A base does not have any vision itself. One thing people often forget about visibility is that you can see over gaps, even of you can't move over it. A runner next to a gap can still see 4 hexes on the other side.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
03-27-2013, 02:33 PM
(03-27-2013 02:28 PM).Memories. Wrote:  He will only see your unit if you attack the base or if he moves one of his units enough to see it. A base does not have any vision itself. One thing people often forget about visibility is that you can see over gaps, even of you can't move over it. A runner next to a gap can still see 4 hexes on the other side.

Okay, thanks. This guy I'm playing starting moving a soldier toward my runner who was hiding beside his base, but I guess it was just a lucky move on his part. Smile
03-27-2013, 09:40 PM
And, it is only in rare cases that you are going to keep a runner at their base.

For example, you didn't have enough wits, or were waiting for reinforcements.
I am guessing this is a lower league, so as you get higher up, expect to move in with a force and not just a runner.

But hope you win the game!

GC: TheGreatAnt
03-27-2013, 10:48 PM
(03-27-2013 09:40 PM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  And, it is only in rare cases that you are going to keep a runner at their base.

I am guessing this is a lower league, so as you get higher up, expect to move in with a force and not just a runner.

I just want to say that I won a game once by hitting the opponent base 5 times with runnersCool

But it's better to use over units.

Defeat Is Not An Option

GC:dakdak97 Master League
03-27-2013, 10:57 PM
Me too! More than once!

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-28-2013, 12:43 AM
(03-27-2013 10:48 PM)the duck Wrote:  
(03-27-2013 09:40 PM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  And, it is only in rare cases that you are going to keep a runner at their base.

I just want to say that I won a game once by hitting the opponent base 5 times with runnersCool

But it's better to use over units.
I have done the same...once.

Again, it is one of those things that if the opportunity comes, you use it, but you aren't going to go for that tactic every single game.

GC: TheGreatAnt
03-28-2013, 01:09 AM
I'd say the only map that has a viable 'runner only' plan of attack might be Glitch. That back door can be a pain!

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
03-28-2013, 01:15 AM
I think its War Garden. Its easy to spot runners in Glitch.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-28-2013, 12:01 PM
Hey y'all. New question for you. I'm playing the adorables for the first time. If I use the mobi to withdraw one of my attackers, can my opponent see where the unit retreated to if that space isn't within visual range of his units?