Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wit Spaces
07-09-2012, 07:02 AM
Wit Spaces
Okay, I have a (hopefully) simple question about Wit Spaces. Do you have to have a unit sitting on the square to get the Wit bonus? I've read some other posts that state when you take a grey Wit square you have to hold it for a full turn to get the bonus. That makes sense. And i see the tile change color at that point. But it's not clear to me if you still get the bonus once you move the unit off that space.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 07:07 AM
RE: Wit Spaces
You still get the bonus as long as it's colored in your color. Smile

The only confusing thing happens when you take over an enemy bonus space. *During your turn* (i.e. after you gained wit), for instance, you take over a red bonus space and it turns neutral. *At the beginning of your next turn* (but still after you gained wit), the wit space will become blue.
That's why they say "you have to sit there for a whole round".

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-09-2012, 07:07 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 07:17 AM by Kamikaze28.)
The direct answer to your question is: No, there does not need to be a unit on the Wit Space in order for you to receive your bonus Wit every turn. Leaving the Wit Space unoccupied does increase the risk of your opponent snatching it away from you.

Edit: One of these days, Harti, there will be an epic showdown between the two of us to see who can type faster Wink

Nevertheless, I would like to elaborate the mechanic of taking over a Wit Space, since that can be confusing for some people. Follow me through this order of turns (red starts):
  1. Red starts with 5 Wits and occupies a neutral Wit Space, turning it red.
  2. Blue starts with 5 Wits and occupies a neutral Wit Space turning it blue.
  3. Red gets 6 Wits (5 +1).
  4. Blue gets 6 Wits (5 +1). Blue puts a unit on Reds Wit Space, turning it neutral.
  5. Red gets 5 Wits (5 +0).
  6. Blue gets 6 Wits (5 +1). The previously neutral Wit Space turns blue because the unit survived reds turn.
  7. Red gets 5 Wits (5 +0).
  8. Blue gets 7 Wits (5 +2).

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2012, 07:33 AM
Thanks to the fastest typists in the west! That makes a lot more sense now.