Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How to get a 100% win record in random 2v2
04-19-2013, 06:02 AM
RE: How to get a 100% win record in random 2v2
(04-19-2013 12:21 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  I see your point and yeah the more great players that play it the better it would be for everybody. But 2v2 games take really long to complete and I imagine it takes way longer to advance in 2v2 random as you will loose some of the games. Many people are probably not ready for that time commitment.

It's a pity that most players will have already dipped their toes into the murky waters of R2v2 (and probably had them bitten off), thereby blowing their chance to avoid the lower leagues altogether by winning all 5 of their placement matches by utilising the "invite". So yes there would be a bit of, possibly unavailable, commitment required to work up through the ranks. But I won't take that as a categorical "No" Alvendor... I can tell you're tempted by the dark side Wink

(04-18-2013 04:31 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  Clever isn't that bad. Believe me, I've been stuck there for a lifetime now, and yeah.

How about you Gf!sh? Will we see you in Gifted R2v2 soon?

I'm currently playing a game with Grouper79 who also had issues with rubbish R2v2 partners and I can understand his frustration. He told me he was once partnered with ONEobesePOPTART and one of his opponents was Linglingkitten. Ouch! So he's been converted to the Church of Invites along with ImperialSun. Mag!cGuy's already there and I see Awpertunity in my Gifted division (Although only plays infrequently). The congregation swells Big Grin

Everything Changes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2013, 12:27 AM
(04-19-2013 06:02 AM)phineas94 Wrote:  
(04-19-2013 12:21 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  I see your point and yeah the more great players that play it the better it would be for everybody. But 2v2 games take really long to complete and I imagine it takes way longer to advance in 2v2 random as you will loose some of the games. Many people are probably not ready for that time commitment.

It's a pity that most players will have already dipped their toes into the murky waters of R2v2 (and probably had them bitten off), thereby blowing their chance to avoid the lower leagues altogether by winning all 5 of their placement matches by utilising the "invite". So yes there would be a bit of, possibly unavailable, commitment required to work up through the ranks. But I won't take that as a categorical "No" Alvendor... I can tell you're tempted by the dark side Wink

Should never say never. But it has taken me and Natichux 6 months with 1-5 games going to reach where we belong in the team league, so it is a bit painful timewise Wink

Soldier spam FTW
04-21-2013, 07:44 PM
I must have been lucky.... Think I've barely had 2 or 3 timed out games by my partner in 2v2R... Though, lately I've been playing games with people in master league that have barely 20-30 games won, with some of their moves I'm just like WTF?!?! How are these people getting into decent leagues? Suppose this invite system can be used sparingly.......... Tongue

Bullfreg

(1v1) Super-Titan
(2v2 random) master
(W/ Guthleps) master
(/w spider) master

Super-Titan, it will happened!
04-21-2013, 09:01 PM
This happened to me the other day by accident. My 2v2 random partner invited me to a 2v2 game, and I declined, wanting to get points for the random win. However, even though I declined the invite, the random game still counted as a placement match.
04-22-2013, 12:25 AM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2013 12:33 AM by TheQwertiest.)
i just started a 2v2 random game and my opponents are gurleyman and krogoth? wtf?
i dont even think i could beat these guys with my regular partner Random Task.. :'(

anyway, when youre 2nd to join the game, doesnt the system place you on the other side? so why are they allies?

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
04-22-2013, 12:52 AM
A random team can meet an arranged team, you've been really unlucky lol

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
04-22-2013, 12:53 AM
That's because for some utterly stupid reason which I still don't understand, random pairs can get matched against fixed pairs.

04-22-2013, 12:58 AM
I sometimes get paired with Waymaniac and ==(888)== and i was fluffy in 1v1 and 2v2

And recently, my random partner was #100 fluffy and my random not-arranged opponents were master.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
04-22-2013, 12:58 AM
(04-22-2013 12:52 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  A random team can meet an arranged team, you've been really unlucky lol

really? i didnt know that was possible..
isnt it unfair? starting a game and getting a random partner and the system pairs you with people who know each other..

i think "really unlucky" is an understatement.. to be paired with a random person against the 2nd highest rated pair.

(my first time using the word understatement! did i use it correctly? haha)

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
04-22-2013, 03:27 AM
It can't go any worse than our last game, qwert.

(04-22-2013 12:58 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(04-22-2013 12:52 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  A random team can meet an arranged team, you've been really unlucky lol

really? i didnt know that was possible..
isnt it unfair? starting a game and getting a random partner and the system pairs you with people who know each other..

i think "really unlucky" is an understatement.. to be paired with a random person against the 2nd highest rated pair.

(my first time using the word understatement! did i use it correctly? haha)

I like big BUTs and I cannot lie...