Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How to get a 100% win record in random 2v2
04-16-2013, 01:31 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2013 01:32 AM by TheGreatAnt.)
RE: How to get a 100% win record in random 2v2
(04-16-2013 01:09 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Why do you say "they" ? ^^

Gender neutrality?
English Slang?
Better than saying "it"?

GC: TheGreatAnt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2013, 01:34 AM
All of the above Smile

Everything Changes
04-16-2013, 01:50 AM
That's pretty smart. I was going to say that was clever, but somehow that doesn't sound like as much of a compliment on these forums as it would elsewhere. I may actually try 2v2R now, though this is kind of an exploit and should be patched by OML. Instead of this exploit OML should just fix the problem with a legitimate solution. Basically if someone leaves or forfeits in 2v2 random, the partner should be able to take both player's turns. That doesn't fix the problem with terrible partners, but that's what you get for playing 2v2 random.
04-16-2013, 02:31 AM
(04-16-2013 01:50 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  That's pretty smart. I was going to say that was clever, but somehow that doesn't sound like as much of a compliment on these forums as it would elsewhere. I may actually try 2v2R now, though this is kind of an exploit and should be patched by OML. Instead of this exploit OML should just fix the problem with a legitimate solution. Basically if someone leaves or forfeits in 2v2 random, the partner should be able to take both player's turns. That doesn't fix the problem with terrible partners, but that's what you get for playing 2v2 random.

But that would just turn into a 1 on 2 match quite often.
People would leave games for fun so that the other player can just play two people by themselves. (Taking for granted that some people are not making two GC accounts to play 2v2 with themselves).

GC: TheGreatAnt
04-16-2013, 02:39 AM
(04-16-2013 02:31 AM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  But that would just turn into a 1 on 2 match quite often.
People would leave games for fun so that the other player can just play two people by themselves. (Taking for granted that some people are not making two GC accounts to play 2v2 with themselves).

It's been mentioned before on other threads that we already have top 2v2 players who are brothers, work colleagues, close (geographically speaking) friends so we already have 2 people playing as 1 to some extent

Everything Changes
04-16-2013, 02:44 AM
Precisely phineas! People can already do this anyway. The pros outweigh the cons here I think. I'd rather people not get screwed over in 2v2 random because their partner leaves or forfeits in a winnable situation.
04-16-2013, 02:53 AM
(04-16-2013 01:50 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  Instead of this exploit OML should just fix the problem with a legitimate solution. Basically if someone leaves or forfeits in 2v2 random, the partner should be able to take both player's turns. That doesn't fix the problem with terrible partners, but that's what you get for playing 2v2 random.

I agree, it did feel like I was/am cheating. But as for terrible players they seem to have disappeared in Gifted League ....apart from me who just messed up and missed a 5pt base attack mobi/snipe thing by being an idiot. Sorry >I<! (this is my partners name/ logo)

It still takes a little dedication/frustration to make the system work but rough numbers, from when I started using the "invited" games are;

to get out of Fluffy League Invited x 2, won x 6, lost x 2
to get out of Clever League Invited x 6, won x 10, lost x 1

and like I said, no invites needed in Gifted League .....so far Smile

Everything Changes
04-16-2013, 06:29 AM
I got so confused reading it. Can someone explain?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
04-16-2013, 06:46 AM
Losing a game in 2v2 random, invite your terrible parter to a league match, lose the match you started in random and it counts towards your non-random placement matches.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
04-16-2013, 09:54 AM
(04-16-2013 06:29 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  I got so confused reading it. Can someone explain?

My Phyrexian clanmate explained but I felt like elaborating:

if it looks like your partner will time out or is dumb and costing you the game, you invite them to another 2vs2 league game in 2vs2 partners. Then, when the first game is lost the loss will count towards your 5 placement matches with that player in 2vs2 partners instead of your individual rank in 2vs2 random. At this point you can feel free to quit or play the game out or whatever and stop playing with that partner afterward

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome