Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How to get a 100% win record in random 2v2
04-22-2013, 05:24 PM
RE: How to get a 100% win record in random 2v2
(04-22-2013 12:58 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(04-22-2013 12:52 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  A random team can meet an arranged team, you've been really unlucky lol

really? i didnt know that was possible..
isnt it unfair? starting a game and getting a random partner and the system pairs you with people who know each other..

i think "really unlucky" is an understatement.. to be paired with a random person against the 2nd highest rated pair.

(my first time using the word understatement! did i use it correctly? haha)

If that's a serious question then yes, you did Tongue....

Personally I quite like playing against arranged teams in random, gives it a bit of spice and tests your own teamwork/communication skills..... Omg, at should totally be allowed on my CV!

Bullfreg

(1v1) Super-Titan
(2v2 random) master
(W/ Guthleps) master
(/w spider) master

Super-Titan, it will happened!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2013, 01:53 AM
(04-22-2013 05:24 PM)Bullfreg Wrote:  
(04-22-2013 12:58 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(04-22-2013 12:52 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  A random team can meet an arranged team, you've been really unlucky lol

really? i didnt know that was possible..
isnt it unfair? starting a game and getting a random partner and the system pairs you with people who know each other..

i think "really unlucky" is an understatement.. to be paired with a random person against the 2nd highest rated pair.

(my first time using the word understatement! did i use it correctly? haha)

If that's a serious question then yes, you did Tongue....

Personally I quite like playing against arranged teams in random, gives it a bit of spice and tests your own teamwork/communication skills..... Omg, at should totally be allowed on my CV!

oh yes! the spice of playing against the 2nd best pair in 2v2 with an unranked partner. ahaha. unlucky unlucky..

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
04-24-2013, 06:35 AM
Just watched the ONEobesePOPTART replay and I'm surprised you didn't forfeit on turn 3 just to get away from that idiot

GC: bngn3000
Top 200:
1v1 ---> 70
2v2 ---> 50
They call me SuperFluffy!
04-24-2013, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2013 07:59 AM by phineas94.)
(04-24-2013 06:35 AM)bngn3000 Wrote:  Just watched the ONEobesePOPTART replay and I'm surprised you didn't forfeit on turn 3 just to get away from that idiot

I was still in shock Smile

If I had stumbled across the invite system before that game I'm pretty sure the invite would have gone out on turn 3

In all seriousness though, from what everyone's been saying there are 2 issues that I think need looking at. What OML consider "content" I'm not so clear on, so whether they can be addressed or not remains to be seen, but they are;

1) The weighting of the 5 placement games on your hidden rank. Where it seems you can make it to Masters with only a few wins. Therefore allowing relatively poor/inexperienced players into the 2nd highest tier (It happened to me that way in both 1v1 and 2v2 careers). And conversely, if you're not so lucky in your placement games it can take an age to get promoted. Fairly demoralising in my experience. It cheapens the game when after 13 wins and 1 loss I'm still in gifted with a fixed partner but was promoted to Masters after 3 games (2wins 1 loss) with a partner who I'd used the invite system with! Although this was probably a bug but you get my point.

2) The matching system is broken. Where top ranked players get placed against Fluffy and Clever opponents. Highlighted even more when it's a random 2v2 pairing coming up against the world number 2s! On a side note, I wouldn't mind being matched against fixed pairs during my random 2v2 career IF my partner and the opposition were at the same level as me.

If any of this could be fixed/tweaked then hooray. We'll have to wait and see. Until then, remember the invites Big Grin
(04-21-2013 09:01 PM)harvarnold Wrote:  This happened to me the other day by accident. My 2v2 random partner invited me to a 2v2 game, and I declined, wanting to get points for the random win. However, even though I declined the invite, the random game still counted as a placement match.

That's a blow! The only other untried option would be to do nothing and let the invite sit there until the first game ends, although I get the feeling it would still end in the same result Sad

Everything Changes
05-28-2013, 09:27 AM
in the last game he probably thought you were the enemy. it would have been well played if you were xD

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better
05-31-2013, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2013 05:47 PM by phineas94.)
(05-28-2013 09:27 AM)bobolynx Wrote:  in the last game he probably thought you were the enemy. it would have been well played if you were xD

I doubt if I'll be coming across players like that anymore as I've just got promoted to Master League Masters Master League Big Grin

27 wins 3 losses NO invites! - Thanks to all my partners

Everything Changes