Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Losing the interest in the game.
07-09-2012, 11:30 AM
RE: Losing the interest in the game.
(07-09-2012 10:47 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Ok just flat out....reduce the inactive auto lose to 1 and a half days. That's reasonable enough for me.

what happens if theyre really busy? Maybe a big school project or an emergency like getting stiches ._. thats kind of mean isnt it? I would say 3 days would be fine
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 11:32 AM
(07-09-2012 11:30 AM)knighthalo123 Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 10:47 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Ok just flat out....reduce the inactive auto lose to 1 and a half days. That's reasonable enough for me.

what happens if theyre really busy? Maybe a big school project or an emergency like getting stiches ._. thats kind of mean isnt it? I would say 3 days would be fine

Sure. But really it's for OML to decide.
07-09-2012, 11:51 AM
If you have a big project coming up in school, don't start any games a few days in advance, finish up the games you do have going...use real life strategy...

And if totally unexpected life events like unexpected surgery or stitches came up, I would hope dropping a couple spots on the ladder would be the least of your concerns.

That being said, I think 3 days is a fair timeline especially after the buzz of the game has died down and people aren't just downloading it because it's editors choice and ditching it.
07-09-2012, 05:10 PM
(07-09-2012 11:51 AM)solesider Wrote:  That being said, I think 3 days is a fair timeline especially after the buzz of the game has died down and people aren't just downloading it because it's editors choice and ditching it.

This is actually a better argument for using 3 days auto-forfeit time right after release, to lessen the impact of these try-and-drop players.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Too many inactives for me. They need to increase the max game limit.
07-10-2012, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 01:31 PM by Pmatch.)
I'm in the group of "this game has become unplayable." Literally. I have now a full 20 games where no one moved today at all.

Of course I agree with everyone who says you need to be able to quit when it's not your turn.

Increasing the limit would be nice, and I'm not sure what the solution would be on the 7 day time limit. I'd like to suggest that 7 days is the auto-win, but maybe after 2 days if your opponent hasn't moved you have the option to call it a draw and quit. Not sure exactly how this would work.

But most of all-- I also suggest letting people who've paid for the premium game choose an option to only play with other premium players (and not have to play people who've downloaded for free.) I don't want to play with people who are just trying it out for free, starting 20 games and deleting.

I'd like to like this game more, but frankly I haven't had a single game played to completion yet and I bought it on day one. I'm about to just say screw it, and be yet another person leaving my opponents hanging (assuming any of them are coming back.)
07-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Ouch pmatch, that's pretty harsh. And that just gave me an idea. Is it possible to bypass the game limit by inviting someone to a game? Or would it be auto declined? And also if you had 20 pass n plays, could you still play more league/friendly?
07-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Based on other games, I think we can predict two things that will happen.

1- All of the people that download the game because it's new, but find out the game isn't for them... that slows down after launch.

2 - OML mentioned they've discussed raising the game limit for those that purchase something.

Between those two things, abandoned games will stop being an issue almost entirely. You might still have 10-15 stale games but with a higher game limit there will be plenty of active games.

Please keep the 7 day time limit. I am an adult and life gets busy from time to time.
07-10-2012, 03:38 PM
At the end of the week this problem is likely gone. Most of my unfinished games where started on release date or the day after, and I guess those players dont even have the game installed anymore. And I already see improvement, where my newly started serms to be with serious players.